• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Captain Carrot has nodular myxi - new UD today just added

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
He's on baytril, fucithalmic and metacam. Is still eating hay, pellets and grass, although he refused some spring greens :cry: Am going to keep him in for the night to keep him warm. Should I keep his friend in with him? She doesn't have it but I don't want him stressed and they're always together.

Last edited:
Oh gosh poor CC. Sending tons of vibes. If it wont stress out his partner too much I'd definitely keep them together x

oh no thats so awful :cry::cry::cry:

sending him all the vibes i can make and some for you too to stay strong for him while you fight this evil illness xxxxxxxxx

Oh no; not Captain Carrot! :( If it is not contagious, bring his girlfriend in to keep him company. Captain Carrot should not be left on his own. :no: Sending lots of vibes for your bunster xx

Poor Captain Carrot.
If they are always together, I would assume she has been exposed to it already, so I would not separate them, personally.
I hope he gets better soon xx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I don't want Scamper to catch it but part of me thinks if it's catching she could have it already. And I'm sure he'd be stressed at being alone so am very tempted to bring her in too...

Do you mean don't separate them, Jane? Sorry I'm confused :oops:

Thank you for so many vibes everyone!

Oooh think your post has altered or am I dreaming? I won't separate them.

Oh bless, poor Captain Carrot. Hopefully it's a fairly mild case and he will be ok. When was his companion last vaccinated? If she's been done within the last 6 months I would bring her in too, he will be much less stressed with her alongside him and that should help him a lot. If the wounds aren't weeping, it is spread by biting insects not direct bun-to-bun contact, so the risk of her getting it by being with him is not hugely different to if he is indoors and she is outdoors with the rest of them. My Harry had nodular myxi a couple of years ago and he remained well, and none of the others showed any symptoms - he stayed with his companion throughout.

I have a plug-in UV bug zapper if you want to borrow it in case it helps reduce the number of mozzies etc around him (possibly reduce the risk of a mozzie biting him then transferring it to any of your others).

Hope he and the rest of your beautiful buns are ok xxx

Back