• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He takes it off me but chins it for the wife!

Ed68

New Kit
Can anyone tell me what this means?!?

When sitting on the floor with R-fur we frequently 'play' with him - gazing, synchronised nose wiggling etc.

Whenever I hold a piece of straw in my mouth he grabs it off me and throws it to the side. Whenever my wife does it he doesn't take it off her but just chins it.

Does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing he see's my wife as the boss and me as his underling - he loves me stroking him (always giving me a nudge to start) but generally just licks my shoes or nibbles my clothing.

hard to know could be he doesn't like her smell over it or it could be that he's got the hots for her, you'd know more by the way he gets on around you compared to her. . chin rubbing is usually a scent thing, ted will chin rub my slippers and my books. it's just them marking territory

I reckon it's probably your wife's scent. Chin scenting is just putting his mark over another.

Back