• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weepy eye help

Loula

Mama Doe
Bella has had a weepy eye since we've first got her, she has had her tear ducts flushed, numerous different eyedrops, skull x-rays, all being no help.

I am currently bathing it in warm water and putting vasaline around her eye twice a day, however since yesterday the skin around her eye is looking redder than usual, it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all.

Was just after some suggestions of anything else I can put around her eye to stop the skin getting so sore.

Are you using dust free hay? Wood shavings in toilets may also irritate it. Might be worth you trying some alternatives in case it is a reaction to something like this.

I had it with one of mine and took all of the hay out of the bed and just left fleece pet blankets and separate hay rack. It seemed to clear up.

Not sure what else it could be if you have had the eye drops, X-rays etc.

The hay isn't dusty.

I'm working my way through trying everything in her litter tray, she's had newspaper, vet bed, shavings, hay, carefresh, shredded paper, straw, it doesn't seem to make much difference. I'm going over to Rochdale tomorrow to get some Megazorb to try.

We've had her as an indoor and outdoor bunny and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much, and she's a little darling and will sit on my knee while I bath her eye. I just don't want the skin around it to get too sore :? And I always feel awful when people see her and ask what's up with it, I feel like I should be doing more to sort it.

She had ulcers on her eye when we first got her, and the vet said it looked like she'd had the problem for some time :( :roll:

Back