• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Week in Blackpool - giants available

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
It's the RSPCA's bunny week again and we spent a lovely day with the buns on Sunday.

The RSPCA are doing free microchipping, neutering and vet health checks again for any bunnies in the catchment area. If you are in the area please call in to say hello :wave:

Neil was totally smitten as they currently have three giants in - I don't know how we came home without one. :roll::lol:

There was the Dad, Neo who sat next to Neil for ages enjoying his attention :love:
Neo034.jpg

Then there was the Mum, Pearl who is a real softie and settled instantly for nose rubs :love:
Pearl047.jpg

Pearl051.jpg

And their daughter, Sandy who was a little more nervous but finalyy settled in the security of the tunnel for nose rubs :love:
Sandy037.jpg

Sandy053.jpg

I fell for a cute little black bunny called Jamie :love: who sat by my side the whole time enjoying my attention. Sadly he has been there since January as everyone overlooks plain buns in favour of the pretty patterned ones.
Jamie031.jpg

There was also Rodger who is currently reserved :love:
Rodger3.jpg

Snowball, a little Lionhead who settled in my arms :love:
Snowball036.jpg

Snowball013.jpg

And finally Domino who managed to chin me at least 4 times a minute while I was in there and was very bold and inquisitive :love:
Domino007.jpg

Maria x

Last edited:
Oh if I had the room I'd have the black bunny as we love black buns and REW'S, such beautiful buns, hope they find loving forever homes soon, Bless them :love:

Awww my Perry was from Blackpool RSPCA! I fell in love with him the instant i saw hime. Id just got out of the car in the car park and saw him immediately in a run on the grass. I knew he was the one for Belle and us!!! :love::love::love::love:

Oh if I had the room I'd have the black bunny as we love black buns and REW'S, such beautiful buns, hope they find loving forever homes soon, Bless them :love:

We put them all on rabbit rehome yesterday so I hope they get lots of interest. :D The RSPCA says that re-homing has been much better since they started using the site. :D

Maria x

Awww my Perry was from Blackpool RSPCA! I fell in love with him the instant i saw hime. Id just got out of the car in the car park and saw him immediately in a run on the grass. I knew he was the one for Belle and us!!! :love::love::love::love:

Oooh what was his name while he was at the rescue? I may have some extra pics tucked away somewhere.

We were on the field for most of the afternoon, the grass was still damp from the rain but it's strange how you don't notice wet clothes when there bunnies around! :roll::lol:

Maria x

I only live about 30to 40mins away:lol::lol::lol::lol:Think I have enough now:roll:

:shock::shock::shock: I never thought id hear you say that Kay! :lol:

i just showed the other half, he said no :? I need to work on him :lol:

I wonder what the adoption fee is and if they would rehome so far... :love: The daddy REW is absolutely stunning :love:

:shock::shock::shock: I never thought id hear you say that Kay! :lol:

i just showed the other half, he said no :? I need to work on him :lol:

I wonder what the adoption fee is and if they would rehome so far... :love: The daddy REW is absolutely stunning :love:

:wave:

Blackpool RSPCA adoption fee is £30 which includes neutering, vaccination for myxo & VHD, microchipping and vet health check before being re-homed. They will insist on a home check and usually ask a local branch to do it. The minimum requirements are the standard 6x2x2 hutch with run, preferably attached. Other set ups are always taken into consideration but if it's the giants you are looking at I strongly suspect they will ask for a shed/playhouse & run. Indoor set ups can be smaller so long as the bunny comes out often. :D

When we were looking to rescue out of the area we took a video and photos of our set up and other buns. :D

Keep working on him - we currently have Pearl as our screen saver - Neil is dropping big hints :roll: :lol:

Maria x

Oooh what was his name while he was at the rescue? I may have some extra pics tucked away somewhere.

We were on the field for most of the afternoon, the grass was still damp from the rain but it's strange how you don't notice wet clothes when there bunnies around! :roll::lol:

Maria x

He was one half of Kevin and Perry. Some woman i think took both of them but brought Perry back cos he was a 'biter'. He's blo0dy lovely! Her loss, my gain :p

It's sad when something like that happens. Time and care usually stop any thing like that.

I'm glad he ended up with you in a happy home. :D

Maria x

Fingers crossed for a busy day tomorrow - it's the last 2 days of the awareness week.

If anyone is around we shall be there :wave:

Maria x

Back