• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussy Bun??

Hello all,

My rabbit has fresh hay every day and about a handful of pellets. I also buy loads of fresh veggies, etc for him. He is always eager when I put the pellets in and eats all that, however, I have been buying him lovely veggies, I have tried parsley, spinach, carrot, apple, cabbage, kale, celery and make a fresh bowl twice a day but he rarely eats any of it to be honest. He does eat quite a bit of hay tho. How can I encourage him to eat his veggies, you would think he would be peckish because he gets very little dried food but there you go. Just a fussy bun bun?? Seems such a waste of money just to be thrown away.

Thanks!

kerry x

:shock: Certainly is a fussy bunny. I find with my two it will take them a few tries before they will like something. Only thing I can suggest if you persevere and your bunny still doesn't like them. Perhaps pick grass, dandelions and garden herbs which would be as good as a wild rabbits diet and would cost less money. At least your bunny is eating hay. You could always mix dried herbs in the hay also.

www.galensgardens.co.uk

This website shows safe garden herbs for bunnies. I usually pick plaintain, dandelions, clover, grow my own grass but I also pick some from the lawn.

Back