• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie needs non-operation vibes/ now found a suspicious growth

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Eddie recently went for a medication review but unfortunately had to see a vet that wasn't familiar with his case or had got the time to read his notes ( they are probably like war and peace!) While he was there she found a problem with the inside of his eyelid and thought it could be due to scar tissue from his previous Op.

Anyway she said she would take the time to get up to speed with his case and do some research :) I got a call today and it seems like Eddie has an extra piece of skin inside his eyelid. She decribed as a pleat and like nothing she has seen before. She thinks he was born that way and it is contributing significantly towards his problems. It is constantly rubbing on his eye so really needs to be removed.

Because Eddie has so many health problems we are very reluctant to put him through a GA at this point :( She has agreed to leave it for now but it will eventually do significant damage to the surface of his eye.

She is also into herbal potions and is making up a special herbal mixture just for Eddie to boost his immune system :)

Eddie has been through so much and it is a miracle he is still with us. I guess this problem was never picked up before because his eyes were SO gunky but now they are clear it has been easier to spot. After recent weeks we can't face putting another bunny through an op, so please can we have vibes for Eddie's eye to stay undamaged so he doesn't have to have a GA

Last edited:
Oh bless him - what a relief to have an observant vet and one who has taken the time to do her research properly! It makes sense that this would cause a problem doesn't it - does he have the extra flap on both eyes or just the 'worst' one? Fingers crossed it doesn't cause him a problem and can be managed without a GA for a good while - although even if he does need it at some point, he survived the GA for the original major op on his eye even though he was very poorly at the time, so he is obviously a little fighter and at least that gives some reassurance about his ability to cope with a GA.

Please give big snogs to the lovely little lad from me :)

I will pass the snogs on this evening :lol::lol:

It is just his left eye, the one that was operated on.

And yes he is certainly a fighter :):love:

How bizarre...is it possible that the flap is actually from the op and is what was meant to be a new drainage channel across the surface?

The vet said it is inside his eyelid and is shaped like a pleat of extra skin?

She originally thought it could be from the op but after thoroughly reading his notes said he was more than likely born with it :? She also said it was turning his eyelashes inwards too. I'm guessing that it must be in the wrong place to be connected to the original op which is why she has changed her mind since reading his notes and doing some research. She said it was strange and she had never come across anything like it before:?

Eddie has had another vet check today as we have discoved a very strange feeling lump under his skin on his shoulder.

The vet thinks it is a very suspcious and aggressive growth and doesn't like the feel of it at all.

However she also feels that an operation for Eddie to have it removed would not be in his best interests at the moment given his other problems :?

I guess it is just a case of keeping an even closer eye and giving him as much quality time as possible.

Oh poor Eddie :cry: :cry: and poor you too Liz.

But this little man has had more time and love than I thought possible.

Give him a nose rub from me xxx

Poor Eddie; if it's not one thing it's another. Sending lots of love to this precious little man. xxx

Back