• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just wondering if I did the right thing

deja224

Alpha Buck
Posted this on another tread but no replys, I worried as i dont no if the babys are ok as i dont want to go near the nest, Back ground is she had made a nest we didnt no she was having babys, we no she has min of two, we had to move nest as she made it in a unused hutch the chickens lay in

info from other post:

'I had to move mum and babys just hope she will be ok he normally lives in the house but has free roam of the garden, he made her nest in a small hutch we dont use but shes been very sad and with drawn, I got her dog crate out today took it next to the hutch in jumped in moved the hay about and made a small nest then sat on back legs looking about, i put her towel under the nest and put it where she had made the new one making sure i didnt touch the babys and she carried on eating her hay, I watched her for a bit and she let them drink ect, now shes in the spare room, looking very happy, not sure if i did the best thing :?'

Last edited:
your post is a little confusing, i assume mum had the babies outside and you have moved the whole lot inside?

When did you move them? i would have said they would be ok, rabbit mums often don't appear to be looking afetr there young but they will be.

i have seen her feeding them and no shes being a good mum just wonder should have let them out side or will they be ok in doors, Moved them friday just dont want them getting to warm

i have seen her feeding them and no shes being a good mum just wonder should have let them out side or will they be ok in doors, Moved them friday just dont want them getting to warm

They'll be fine. Is mum normally a house rabbit or an outside bun?

she has free roam of the garden and house, She lived in some ones attic before we had her so she kind of decides what she wants to do, we leave a hutch open and a dog crate open so she can make up her mind, normally she comes in side in the dog crate as he like to steal food from the house.

Ok, i would probably allow mum free roaming until the babies start to come out of the nest and then just so that the babies don't hurt themsleves i would make a pen inside for them all, mum and babies.

ok daft question is there any food we need to keep up high away from her that she could eat and harm her self or the babys, She steals any thing she can i think its because of her past, the other day she was taking curry off my plate that was on the table (turned my back for a second!)

Back