• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Vaccination Times... Help/Advice

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
This is a hard one for me, Lola is due her Myxi jab 30th June, but Ronnie had his before they were bonded at the beginning of April. I really want them to be done at the same time as Ronnie isnt very good at travelling, so i would rather them have 1 stressful joruney rather than 2. Lolas last jab was the end of December last year.

Do i make Lola wait for hers... but this would mean Lola would have had 9 months between myxi jabs :? Or... is it possible to bring Ronnies foward??

Any help greatly appreciated. I did call the vets this morning but talking to the receptionist is like talking to a brick wall :roll:

we had the same problem when we got Desmond. Our vets moved the myxi around so they know have them together. the VHD they could move too but we left that for the mo cause only means 3 trips to the vets a year so not too many.

I cant see why they cant get yours to have jabs together?

I definately wouldn't wait with Lola's myxi given the time of year. It wouldn't do any harm to get Desmonds moved forward though. We have discussed this with the vet before as sometimes we have rabbits here with no history so don't know if they have been vaccinated or not, so we still get them done to be on the safe side:)

I would wait with co-ordinating the myxi vaccinations until the winter one, not now when there is the highest risk.

Then come the winter one, you can put the vaccination half way between the two due dates, so a little early for one and a little late for the other.

Vera

Gah thanks guys :?

I shall get Lolly booked in then :thumb: Ronnies 6mth myxi is due while were on our hols :roll: So he will have to have it early, which will mean Lolly will have to have another Myxi jab in like 4 mnths time... hopefully all will be ok :) xXx

Take them both to the vet now and get just Lola done, you don't want to wait for her but there is little point putting him through the stress of an extra jab since his was so recent. Then take them both back for boosters in October which will put them both on a good timetable (autumn and spring).

i think i am agreeing with everyone so far....

I'd get Lola done when she is due, but not Ronnie, then get them both done in December so that next time around they are both due in June having said that, i'd maybe get them both done in april/may before the summer high risk season so their immunity is maximised before rahter than part way through...) so Ronnie would go 9 months inbetween, but the last 3 months (the "overdue" bit) would be at the lowest risk time of year anyway so i dont think that would be a problem

Thanks guys :lol: At least i wont have to confuse the dumb receptionist now until the next lot are due... she is so dim i swear :roll:

I shall just have to take Ronnie along against my better judgement and get Lolly done :thumb: xXx

yeah, dont think u can avoid it :? their bond is probably too fragile to split them up for that long? But he'll survive, especially if he gets lots of noserubs and treats or something - try to make it a positive experience :thumb:

Back