• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recycling to make a hutch?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
A friend of mine is getting buns (hence the ebay searching ;) ) , and she's just called me to say that she has seen some doors in a skip down the road from her.
She's wondering if they would be any good for making a hutch? She didnt say whether they were solid or not or how big they were...but what do you guys think?
Would they be ok to use as the back/base of a hutch?

A friend of mine is getting buns (hence the ebay searching ;) ) , and she's just called me to say that she has seen some doors in a skip down the road from her.
She's wondering if they would be any good for making a hutch? She didnt say whether they were solid or not or how big they were...but what do you guys think?
Would they be ok to use as the back/base of a hutch?

Don't know about doors :?....I recycled wood from a part rotten shed that my mum took down to make Alexander and Cinders hutch.

I guess it depends what kind of paint is on them.
When I was a kid my mum made a big rabbit hutch from some old cupboards.

I think it would be quite a good idea.....would bring the cost down massively and give the buns a huge space too. Just wouldn't look so great!
Not sure if they're not solid though.
I would never have though of it :oops:

Back