• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my four UPDATE pg9!!!! What do you think?

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Have moved my thread here because I thought Id keep a pic diary of how its going :)

Well I have a dog crate, have neutralised a litter tray, hay rack and water bottle. I actually felt sick this morning with nerves.

Ok so I bathed them all, i let them mix in my little shower room, saffy and joey showed a little aggitation with the other two being there with them to start with but i just stroked them.

They have now moved into the dog crate once they were a little more settled, ive cleaned the kitchen with them next to me and have now moved the crate into the lounge. I think the bath was def a good idea, it does help neautralise them all and to encouage grooming, def a distraction on intorduction.

So far so good, i know this is very very early days, we have the rest of the weekend to get through but im sooooo pleased its started so well, not at all what i was expecting, even saffy is being good!

I do feel abit weird about putting them in such a small space compared with what they are used to but i know being a foursome will make it so much easier and they will all have more space if they can live together.

Here are my four wet bunnies in their dog crate....

ABCD0012-3.jpg

ABCD0010-3.jpg

ABCD0011-5.jpg

ABCD0008-3.jpg

Last edited:
Update

The does are getting on really well they are snuggled up together and body language is perfect :D Joey is still a little bit fiesty towards Dreamer but no dramas yet. I was expecting Saffy to be the problem!

ABCD0015-3.jpg

ABCD0014-2.jpg

ABCD0013-2.jpg

Oh wow, gorgeous bunny foursome :love::love::love::love:

I've not heard about the bathing trick before ... they look so cute all wet, bless em - do they not get a bit disgruntled being watered though? :lol:

Lots of vibes for a calm bonding

yeah i've never head of bathing bunnies??? (except for medical reasons!). i thought they were a bit prone to hypothermia and stuff? ah well, if they are warm and snuggly and it gets them grooming each other! they look gorgeous together - but if it doesnt work with dreamer just send him my way....;):lol:

Are they all youngsters? We are desperate to help more rabbits and would love a foursome but haven't got the guts to try!

Are they all youngsters? We are desperate to help more rabbits and would love a foursome but haven't got the guts to try!

There young but not babie, Joey is 2, saffy is 18 months, Dreamer is a 1, Tinks is 2. I guess its really getting another pair with the bonus of making a foursome, you just never know if it will work unless you take your pair for a rescue to bond.

The bathing was my idea, they are in the house so nice and warm. I thought it would be a distraction for them so that the introduction wasnt such a huge issue especially as saffy can be quite fiesty and i didnt want it to blow up before they even had a chance. Also they all groom when they are wet so thought it would encourage that and it means they dont smell of their litter trays or any territorial.

I have to say it worked brilliantly, I know we're a long way off yet though, but at the moment there have been no humping, grunting, or fighting.

Vikki you keep your bunny napping paws off my little boy ;) :lol:

Awww they look great!

I love how your cat is keeping an eye on them in the first pic. Its as if he's helping with the bonding.

Hope it keeps going well.

Glad its going well. Did this myself recently with total success :D:wave: Hope they carry on getting on great together

eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Well we have had a few shoves, they've a had a 15min run round the lounge no probs, back in cage now as dreamer was getting a little excited. Tinkerbell has humped joey and dreamers head :shock: then humped saffy who just ignored her which im still in shock about i was paused ready to intervene.... but no fight she jumped off her a sprawled out! Dreamer has been grooming saffy and has just groomed joeys head too!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i nearly cried, i had tears in my eyes :D:D:D

Here you go :D

Dinner time

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Saffy and Tinks did have a little scuffle and had to spray saffy because she tends to bite :? so she has abit of a wet head again and they're shut back in the crate but is sat back with tinks in the litter tray quite happy.

Oh Crystal smile for the camera....
IMG_1587.jpg

:roll: shes so cheeky!

So glad its still going well!

I just :love:the 4 bunny bums in a row!!

I am hoping to bond my 2 pairs into a 4 later in the summer after Mopsy has been spayed. Just hope it goes as well as yours.

Back