• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Dressed as Ponies...

huppie

Mama Doe
Hi all

I work with a lady who has two rabbits. Over the last few months I have been chatting about them with her because she tries her best but isn't very knowledgable. I have given her leaflets and advice and now both buns are about to be neutered (females) and one is on a diet, they get more exercise, better food etc.

But yesterday I discovered that her children put little cloth saddles on their backs and tie cuddly toys to them and they make them run around a jump course :shock::shock::shock:

I don't want to undo all my hard work by telling her she is mental to let her children do that but what should I do?

Thanks

Emma

I think the 'jump course' is quite a common thing, like rabbit showjumping or something :lol: Now the saddles and cuddly toys I find bizarre :shock:

Tbh some rabbits are pretty laid back and if they are willing to jump on cue they are probably not too stressed about it. You'd have trouble forcing rabbits to jump a course. I would tend to hold back so you can keep feeding her useful advice.

Tbh some rabbits are pretty laid back and if they are willing to jump on cue they are probably not too stressed about it. You'd have trouble forcing rabbits to jump a course. I would tend to hold back so you can keep feeding her useful advice.

That was my immediate reaction but like LoopieLouie says it is bizarre (to the extreme). I'll bite my tongue and carry on as I am. I tip my hat off to re-homers the patience needed with some people is immense.

Thanks

Emma

It's a little odd, but the bunnies are getting attention and exercise.

So long as the "saddles" can't hurt or strangle them etc and they must be quite placid bunnies to put up with it.

Back