• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bording- now upset and worried

deja224

Alpha Buck
Hi looking for some advice, we thought we found a bunny sitter (going on honey moon in 5 weeks first hols in years) was going to cost a fair bit £6.50 a bunny per day no discounts for the amount of bunnys, Lady came over to meet the bunnys one is inside as she is a very icky bunny she always had been always will be shes also diabet thing is shes a bag of bones she is fed loads of hay veg and special food but she never gains loads of weight, I also have new bunny in big dog crate. The womans gone off on one saying shes calling rspca as im not feeding them and they are locked in cages, my bunnys are all rescuses so all have little problems just not sure what to do.

Also now need to find new bunny border the one im most worries about is the little one who lives in doors does any one no if people take them in like this, She dosent always free roam as she seams to get herself lost but she likes sitting on the sofa ect

Thank you now sat thinking the phones going to ring:(

Have you had vet treatment for your buns with problems?, and are all your rabbits in decent size dog crates and hutches?. If this is the case and the woman phones the RSPCA then she will be the one looking like an idiot. If the RSPCA did think something wasn't right then they would only advise you at first (so don't worry). If all your rabbits are rescues then you may well be better ring the rescue where you have got them from to let them know about this pet sitter so at least the rescue is informed and could come and have a look.

they are all privet rescuses, yes the vets have treated them, some are in dog creats big engough for labs ect

Whereabouts are you? I could look on the National Petsitters register (I'm one and on it) for petsitters in your area. They come to you rather than the other way round if that helps.

If I miss your reply you could PM me.

Roz

im near bath just dont no how we can afford a pet sitter the cheepist we could find was this lady, the one bunny im really worried for is the icky one as some times she needs real special care

they are all privet rescuses, yes the vets have treated them, some are in dog creats big engough for labs ect

You won't have a problem if you have had them treated at a vets as regards the RSPCA then. Some people just think they know everything about anything:roll: so don't worry:D

Back