• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkying?

Does it always signfy a happy bun? Philly binkys alot and seems to be a pretty happy bun :love: The binkying seems to be increasing in quanttiy and quality as she gets older (shes coming up to 5 months) We just had the best bonding session :love: where I laid on the floor and she jumped all over me/the sofa/her cage :lol: and was def doing happy binkying. I cant believe how high she binkyes and how she contorts herself when she does it :love: Tonights session she was just like that nethie video on Utube :love:

But she will often binky away from me when I am stroking her, something I know right now shes not keen on. We are working on it with the use of parsely and brocoli bribes :lol: but I know shes not keen on being touched full stop :( That binkiying seems almost to be a stop that RIGHT now reaction, but maybe i'm reading her wrong?

does binkying always mean happiness?

Yes, always happiness. It will come across as an involuntary behaviour so so long as it is a true binky, then you really do have a happy bun.

I have a hunch that the roots of binkying lie in a display of health and vitalty that tell other rabbits, but also predators: 'I'm fit and strong and in great health, you can't catch me'. I could be wrong though :)

I have a hunch that the roots of binkying lie in a display of health and vitalty that tell other rabbits, but also predators: 'I'm fit and strong and in great health, you can't catch me'. I could be wrong though :)

That would make sense :) She must be a happy bunny she has a mad binkying fit for about 5mins, rests a bit then goes again for about an hour :lol::love:

my pebbles hates being picked up, but when shes running around if i almost 'tickle' her back like im going to pick he rup she will dart and binky away, its like were playing ' catch me if you can' , shes teasing me!:lol:

My beautiful bridge bunny used to do the biggest binkies ever, she only lasted a year after being rescued from a horrendous back yard breeder but she was so happy until she got ill, probably through interbreeding :cry: I'm so glad her last year was worthwhile bless her.

Back