• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gulp- got a huge peony plant to remove.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Just found out "Peony" plants are toxic to buns! I have a huge one in the back garden that I just cant get rid of!

Looks like Im off out in the rain! :shock::shock:

One of my house rabbits a few years ago ate two of my peony's and she was absolutely fine:D.

I did wonder, someone posted pics the other day and there was a pic of their bun near a peony, but I didn't like to say. I hope that was you, otherwise somebunny's gonna get a poorly tummy :?

Lolas been scoffing it and has been OK (and the pink suited Lola so well)! But I have bunny visitors and would hate them to become ill.

Nightmare - its got roots like turnips!

I have two giants that eat the new growth on the Ivy (and that is supposed to be toxic also) They have never had any problems either.

I did wonder, someone posted pics the other day and there was a pic of their bun near a peony, but I didn't like to say. I hope that was you, otherwise somebunny's gonna get a poorly tummy :?

that would have been me with a pic of my jasper. never had a problem with it and to be honest none of the rabbits attempt to eat it anyway

Im such a worrier - peony has gone and it was lovely.

Buns scoffed my tomato plants as well which are meant to be toxic - Grrrr!

I think it is very interesting how the rabbit experts come up with what is poisonous:roll: as some of things my rabbits have eaten in the passed then they should have all been seriously ill or even dead. and I can assure you they are all healthy buns. I think it is like humans with certain things eg some foods or medication doesn't agree with us humans yet it does with others.

Back