• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somethings wrong with Mopsy u/d post 5 - Vibes needed

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I just came home from work and Mopsy is just sitting in the upstairs part of her hutch not moving. She usually rushes to greet me but she didnt move. I tried picking her up to see if she would move but she didnt. She managed to move her 2 back legs to get herself hunched up again but thats all.:(

I gave her the water bowl to see if she would drink and she did. I gave her a pellet to see if she would eat. She did take the pellet but not as keenly as she normal would. I had a little feel of her tummy and its not hard.

She's obviously in pain.:(

I've rang the vets and we are taking her up there in an hour. Should I take Peter too?

Last edited:
If they're a bonded pair, take Peter as he will be some company for her if she's feeling scared & unwell - a bit of moral support for Mopsy.

Hope she feels better soon <vibes>

We are back from the vets. The vet gave Mopsy a thorough check over. She has a temperature and wouldnt move when the vet tried. She also has some red skin just behind her neck.:(

The vet said her tummy was fine and she is eating/drinking and pooping.
Mopsy had her vhd jab yesterday but the vet said she hadnt ever seen a reaction to that. She said she wasnt at all sure what was wrong but that it was obvious something was and that she was obviously in pain.:(

She gave Mopsy an injection of Baytrill and Norocarp and wants to see her again in the morning.

I'm so so worried about her. Please send lots of vibes.

We are back from the vets. The vet gave Mopsy a thorough check over. She has a temperature and wouldnt move when the vet tried. She also has some red skin just behind her neck.:(

The vet said her tummy was fine and she is eating/drinking and pooping.
Mopsy had her vhd jab yesterday but the vet said she hadnt ever seen a reaction to that. She said she wasnt at all sure what was wrong but that it was obvious something was and that she was obviously in pain.:(

She gave Mopsy an injection of Baytrill and Norocarp and wants to see her again in the morning.

I'm so so worried about her. Please send lots of vibes.

((((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))

And also :shock: that she said she'd never seen a reaction to vhd before :roll: when are vets gonna stop saying that there are no side effects? :evil:

((((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))

And also :shock: that she said she'd never seen a reaction to vhd before :roll: when are vets gonna stop saying that there are no side effects? :evil:

Well one of my baby buns had his vhd on weds and he has a skin reaction to it .....my vet said its a common reaction to the vhd so there clearly are side effects!!

Back