• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poor Kevin

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Kevin and Perry had vhd jabs on weds and Kevin seems to have had a reaction to it :cry:

Hes got a raw patch of skin about the size of a 5p piece ,it looks very sore.

Poor chap :cry:

Was it Cylap?

I'd get him onto some Metacam to try to reduce the inflammation as the skin reaction can become really nasty.

Poor chap :cry:

Was it Cylap?

I'd get him onto some Metacam to try to reduce the inflammation as the skin reaction can become really nasty.

can it?

Ive not had a bunny react before ,yes it was cylap,vets have said (over the phone)just to bathe it and put sudocrem on it,if it doesn't clear up then they'll give me some steroid cream for him.

Theyre both booked for neutering on monday so the vet can look at it then.

can it?

Ive not had a bunny react before ,yes it was cylap,vets have said (over the phone)just to bathe it and put sudocrem on it,if it doesn't clear up then they'll give me some steroid cream for him.

Theyre both booked for neutering on monday so the vet can look at it then.

Personally I'd not want to be putting a steroid cream on it :?

Also, the immune response to the Cylap vaccine takes 21 days to establish

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Fort_Dodge_Animal_Health/Cylap/-44934.html

so again personally I'd not want Bun having a GA during that time :?

Personally I'd not want to be putting a steroid cream on it :?

Also, the immune response to the Cylap vaccine takes 21 days to establish

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Fort_Dodge_Animal_Health/Cylap/-44934.html

so again personally I'd not want Bun having a GA during that time :?

:?

Well I know my vets havent had a problem with giving a vhd or myxi jab at the same time as having neuter/spey done (which I realise some vets disagree with) so I shall just have to see what they say on monday about it .

If it gets worse I shall take him before then.

Is saline bathing the best thing to do then ?

:?

Well I know my vets havent had a problem with giving a vhd or myxi jab at the same time as having neuter/spey done (which I realise some vets disagree with) so I shall just have to see what they say on monday about it .

If it gets worse I shall take him before then.

Is saline bathing the best thing to do then ?

I think bathing it will just aggrevate it even more. At least thats been my experience.
I tend to use a systemic anti-inflammatory and avoid any topical treatments if at all possible. I might use some Aloe Vera Gel but nothing else.

I think bathing it will just aggrevate it even more. At least thats been my experience.
I tend to use a systemic anti-inflammatory and avoid any topical treatments if at all possible. I might use some Aloe Vera Gel but nothing else.

Well I shall leave well alone and see what happens then!

Ive only got a tiny bit of metacam left in my bottle ...doggie metacam ....he weighed 2.18 kg on weds....what would the dose be ??

ps....Jane I think you should be a vet!:lol:

Well I shall leave well alone and see what happens then!

Ive only got a tiny bit of metacam left in my bottle ...doggie metacam ....he weighed 2.18 kg on weds....what would the dose be ??

ps....Jane I think you should be a vet!:lol:

I would check with the Vet before giving Metacam. Its a POM so I cant advise you to give it to your Bun.
But my Vet has always advised me to do so in similar situations.

Back