• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spay yesterday, runny poo today - is that an issue?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Hi Holly was spayed yesterday, she seems to be recovering fine, she is eating (not huge amounts but more than Star did at this point) but I have just given her some fresh water and more food and there is a patch of runny poo - is this an issue? (there are some 'normal' poos too). I have to take her back for a check up today at 6pm but didn't know if I should do it sooner? or it is just because she is eating herbs & kale and not much 'normal' food of pellets and hay?

any advice would be fab, thanks

Is it runny poo or Caecotrops (sp) that she hasn't eaten, they are small and shiny and smelly!

It was quite a big patch - maybe the size of 1 and a bit 50p's (put together)? It doesn't smell (but there are lots of herbs there so that is all I can smell) and there is a small shiney patch within the bigger patch ... if that makes sense? (I have now changed the paper)

Sorry to be gross but was it sticky like melted chocolate? :oops::lol:

Sounds like it could be uneaten C poos, probably because she is experiencing pain while she is bending down to eat them. If so I would tell the vet but probably not a huge issue :)

i think petal had a bit of this when she got spayed but it was becuase she wasn't eating any hay just fresh greens, has she eaten much hay or pellets?

i think petal had a bit of this when she got spayed but it was becuase she wasn't eating any hay just fresh greens, has she eaten much hay or pellets?

no, she has eatne a very small amount of hay and no pellets. Just kale and different herbs and a nibble of cuecumber ....

yeah it's maybe just cos she hasn't eaten any good roughage, if you are concerned ring the vets and check with them, good sign though shed eating.

Sorry to be gross but was it sticky like melted chocolate? :oops::lol:

Sounds like it could be uneaten C poos, probably because she is experiencing pain while she is bending down to eat them. If so I would tell the vet but probably not a huge issue :)

yes to sticky .. I folded the paper over (and then opened it to take another look and half of it stuck to the other side!). You could be right re the pain too - I have noticed that if I feed her (ie she doesn't have to bend) then she is eating but food just fed in her bowl is hardly touched .... will mention it to the vet when I go.

Let us know how you get on at the vets, I would ask them if she can have some more pain relief. Offering her food and water in front of her may make it more comfortable for her to eat :)

Let us know how you get on at the vets, I would ask them if she can have some more pain relief. Offering her food and water in front of her may make it more comfortable for her to eat :)

I will mention it to the vet and ask for more pain relief too. I have been sitting with her for most of the day offering her food :) so that if she is in pain when 'bending' then at least she can eat while I am there and offering it (if you see what I mean?) ...

Back