• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone here dry plantain leaves?

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Only I went walking today and Ive picked a carrier bag packed full of plantain leaves and chamomile and dandes for the bunnies......could easily have picked 3 times more than that and it crossed mt mind i could dry some but Ive not done it before so tips would be welcome!

This might sound like a daft question but what does plantain look like? I've given mine the dried stuff from burns and they adore it so if I could find fresh that would be fab :D

I dry dandelion leaves for a winter supply. Can't ever find enough plantain to dry any as they scoff it all so quickly!

I'd say you could use the same method though.

I pick mine with the roots intact and then hang them upside down on a clothes airer in the garage for about 5-6 days. By then they're mostly dry, but I then put them in wicker baskets loosley packed for another few weeks until they're completely dried out.
If you box them up too quick they get mouldy.

Once they're completely dry I put them in a dark container, but leave the lid slightly open so it still gets air around it.

You'll be surprised what they dry down to though - I did 8 carrier bags packed full of dandelions recently, and once dry they only filled a small bag!

In a very low oven on a baking tray!
Plaintain tea :Dis very good for those with IBS as well btw

Back