• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hayfever??

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Could do with some advice on this one please guys. Not sure if some of you will remember that Dylan had a little 'do' earlier this year, and the vet thought she had pastuerella. She has always sneezed on & off since I had her, but they have been dry & definately not worrying. Now, As the warm weather has come, I am absolutely gaurenteed that she must have an allergy to some kind of pollen (Ie. Hayfever!). She is sneezing constantly & there is thick white discharge, Its a complete different sneeze; if that makes sense?! She sounds nasaly (Sp?) as well. Its not really bothering her & she is well in herself, so before I go rushing to the vets only to come away with no diagnosis & a weeks course of baytril - I thought I'd ask for info. Can she actually have anything for this? I dont want her constantly on baytril throughout the summer, and if im honest it didnt help much even with the dry sneezing. Any advice please? :)

Hi Becki,

If it is definately hay fever and nothing more serious then I have found adding enchinea to Bluebells water to boost his immune sytem helps when he has a bad spell of it. Its not failsafe but there is definately an improvement.

However I cannot stress enough that he has be diagnosed by a vet who has confirmed that he is not in need of any medication and if you are unsure whether yours needs some its always best to ask your vet just incase it is something more serious.

Back