• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something wrong with Vinnie (update been to vets)We have poo!!!!

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I posted at the weekend about Vinnies breathing which seems ok now but his poo had gone a bit smallar too,It hasnt got any smallar in size,But i noticed last night when i picked him up he felt thinner than usual he is still eating and drinking normally,But seems to be hiding when i walk in the room he comes out for food though,could it be his teeth and prehaps he isnt eating as much hay hence feeling thinner? Im so worried:(

Last edited:
I think he probably has a problem with his teeth, and the sooner you have him seen the better :)

So many people wait until their rabbit stops eating before taking them for dentals, but you run the risk of creating a whole lot of other problems by doing so (not talking about you personally!!)

I hope he is ok. x

Yes i will do, Ive given him some oats this morning do you think its given him tummy ache?

Its possible but with the other 'symptoms' you have mentioned this week I think he needs to be thoroughly examined by a Vet.
I would especially want his chest listened to aswell as his teeth checking.

Its possible but with the other 'symptoms' you have mentioned this week I think he needs to be thoroughly examined by a Vet.
I would especially want his chest listened to aswell as his teeth checking.

Ive booked him in at 2.10pm but i dont drive,Neil is at work and my mum and dad have gone out its a 15min walk will he be ok? and i cant take Miffy if i walk cause it will be too heavy

Ive booked him in at 2.10pm but i dont drive,Neil is at work and my mum and dad have gone out its a 15min walk will he be ok? and i cant take Miffy if i walk cause it will be too heavy

I am sure he'll be OK
Probably less stressful for him than going by car

Ive just noticed he hasnt had a poo today:(,but have seen him wee,Ive just given him a bit of carrot which hes eaten,but hes picking at hay

The vet checked everything on him teeth fine,chest and heart sound fine,She said his guts are still moving but emptey so obviously he hasnt been eating enough hay hence no poo,She doesnt really know whats wrong,so is treating him for an infection with baytril and he has had a duretic injection so if hes improved on that i can get him some tablets tommo to crush up and give to him,Ive also got a steriod injection i need to give him on sun,he cant have it untill then because i gave him metacam this morning:( So i need lots of hay eating and poo vibes please,my poor boy is quite stressed after the trip to the vet:(

The only other thing she mentioned was him having an allergy to something,she said its becomming more comman in house rabbits,so maybe its my fault because there room can be quite dusty with the piggies in there aswell

Sending him loads of vibes Marie, did the vet give him a gut stimulant?

Yes although she did say his guts were moving just nothing in there to come out,but he has eaten all his food today just not hay.Ive just snook upstairs though and hes eating hay now:)

Vinnie doesnt seem very happy:( but neither does Miffy,hes eaten a little bit of spring green and carrot,neither of them wanted there pellets,I wish i knew what was wrong with him:(

Back