• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me! Pumpkin was killed today

laurenmunn

New Kit
Hello everyone,
Im sorry to jump into the deep end but i realy need to talk to someone.
I have only just found and joined this forum and its out of desperation and upset !

Today i found my pumpkin dead. She had had her head taken and had also been partially buried. Im so upset and confused as to what could have done this to her.

She had been living at my mums for 2 years while we found a new house and we got our house 3 weeks ago. My dad has been working all week to build us a lovely pen for her and it was to be finished today so i had gone round to my mums to see how pumpkin was and to tell her about her new palace. My mum was going to bring her over at the weekend.
I got there today and my mum was crying and saying she couldnt find pumpkin. We searched for hours, rang vets and put posters up.

I cant believe this has happened, my mum is in pieces because she loved pumpkin to bits. I then had to go home and tell my husband who had just finished the pen with dad that pumpkin wasnt coming.

I cant stop crying and its even harder because everytime i look outside or go outside there is a big empty pen which i know pumpkin will never see.

Sorry to blabber :(

So sorry about Pumpkin. :( Was she in a hutch or freerange in a garden. It could have been a cat or fox that got to her.

I am so sorry to hear about Pumpkin :cry: It does sound like it might have been a fox that harmed her - so sorry to meet you on the forum under these circumstances, but hoping you will find some support & help her from us like minded bunny people.

Binky free Pumpkin, sleep tight little one xx

Thank you

She was free in the garden. She used the cat flap to get in and out of the house :)

My mum blames herself because she gave her too much freedom, but pumpkin loved having the whole garden to herself

Loosing a pet is so painful isnt it :(

I am so sorry about Pumpkin. She was obviously loved and I think thats the only thing we can take away from our relationships with our animals. Many are just not so lucky.

It is horrid when a beloved pet is taken away, especially so suddenly and mid plans to make their lives a happier one.

I had to have Princess PTS just after I had ordered m palace for her and Charlie to live in, and I like you were devastated, but at least I knew it was coming.

Binky Free Pumpkin.

P.S. glad you found the site :)

im so sorry you lost your Pumpkin :cry::cry::cry:

sounds exactly like what happened to the rabbit of man i work with, he searched the whole garden and found his beloved little boy half buried and he thinks it was a fox :(

So sorry for your loss. What part of city or county are you in? Is there wild animal near by? Where did you find Pumpkin's body, inside your fence or outside? Is there a hole dig thru your fence? If so, it's an animal or perhaps Pumpkin dig out a hole and got out. If there is no hole, then some1 did it, and you should call the police.

Get yourself a rehome bun in your area to refill the energy in your home, many rabbits are waiting for months in a small living area inside a rescue center, waiting for a good home.

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone.

So sorry for your loss. What part of city or county are you in? Is there wild animal near by? Where did you find Pumpkin's body, inside your fence or outside? Is there a hole dig thru your fence? If so, it's an animal or perhaps Pumpkin dig out a hole and got out. If there is no hole, then some1 did it, and you should call the police.

Get yourself a rehome bun in your area to refill the energy in your home, many rabbits are waiting for months in a small living area inside a rescue center, waiting for a good home.

We are in mansfield in nottinghamshire quite a built up area next to a main road. The next door neighbour has seen foxes he said and mum said she has seen a large ginder cat aswell.
I found pumpkin on the inside of the fence and there is no way into the garden unless its over a high fence or gate.

Do you realy think someone could do that!!! My dad said it earlier but i thought, no way could that happen, no one is that cruel surely.

Yes once ive got myself together me and my husband are thinking going to a rescue centre and getting 2 maybe. I think pumkin would be happy to know her pen came in usefull for some of her fellow bunnies :)

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to Pumpkin. :cry:

I would say it's unlikely someone would have done that. It is much more like an animal to bury something, and I doubt a human would have any reason to partially bury a rabbit like that.

I agree that it was probably a fox or a dog or a cat. :cry:

Binky free, little Pumpkin. xxx

Also, we have a section called Rainbow Bridge for our lost bunnies. You should make a post there as a tribute to Pumpkin with pictures. You'll find a lot of support there.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it must have been an awful shock and I'm so sorry you have joined us in such sad circumstances. :( I think from what you have described, it sounds very much like a fox. :(

Welcome to the forum.Im so sorry to hear about Pumpkin as Jane said this was definitely a fox attack,they go for the head first and will come back for the rest later.Big hugs to you.Sleep tight beautiful Pumpkin xxxxx

Sorry youve had to join the forum at such a sad time :( Im so sorry to hear about Pumpkin :cry: I too think it was a fox by the sounds of it. My heart goes out to you.

Binky Free Pumpkin xXx

OMG i'm so sorry for your loss, that is just awful, can't even imagine how you must feel right now. RIP little pumpkin. :cry:

Back