• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rat poison

Wuezybun

Warren Scout
Hello,

My neighbour saw some rats in her garden and called the council who sent a pest control officer today. I spoke to the council yesterday to tell them about my house rabbits who go in the garden when I am home. They said they would put a bait box at the edge of my garden which wouldn't affect the rabbits.

Anyway, I've come home now to find rat poison pellets all over the garden. Apparently a bag broke and my neighbour forgot to mention the rabbits to the guy despite the fact I had asked her to, so he has baited the flower beds too. :evil:

Does anybody know how long the rat poison will remain active in my garden? I'm guessing the rain will wash it away but that might take a while?

Also, how much does a rabbit have to eat to die? I've got my in-laws here at the moment and they are walking outside and through where the rabbits live without a care in the world and I am really concerned that a pellet could find it's way in.

I'll phone the council tomorrow to try to get some more info but thought somebody on here might now?

Thanks

What a worry.

I would definately get on to the council for more info tomorrow and then contact your vet to see what advice they can give you :?

Back