• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental bunny feeding guide

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Sugarplum ( toothless bunny) is a bit on the slim side she is a fRENCH LOP AND IS ONLY AROUND 4.5KG. At her heaviest she was 5.5kg! The vet said she wasn't concerned at her weightloss at the moment, it has been gradual over the last few years but would be concerned if she lost any more weight and suggested I feed her more!(she will be 3 in August)

At the moment (between her and Splodge) she has:

a handfull of pellets (A&P) in the morning and another in the evening (was having 2 handfulls over winter!)

A bowl of chopped fresh veg in the evening (I use a large baby tomato dish the ones that you buy them in at the supermarkets)

Unlimited hay and at least an hour daily on fresh grass!

Splodge isn't overweight he is about right so he can't be getting all of it but I am still not sure how much Sugarplum is managing to consume! She appears to eat non stop and has nice large golden poos!

What could I do to her diet to help her gain a few pounds without risking giving her a sticky bum? :?

Back