• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia Needs Mega Vibes Please - U/D 11th June-Post 45

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Despite bandages Lydia has managed to open up one of her sore hocks :cry:
She did it whilst charging about in the garden :cry:
She has lost A LOT of blood :cry:

She's had emergency treatment and is now rebandaged and resting with Sir Victor.

I am going to have to keep her confined for a fare few weeks. Her hocks are getting worse and because she always charges and skids about in the garden her hocks are now even opening up under thick dressings :cry:

I have a horrible feeling about all this, I really do :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no - sore hocks seem to be a nightmare.
I hope she'll rest enough and give them a chance to settle down, but it is difficult if they insist on running around like nutters!
Fingers crossed she'll get better soon.

Poor Lady Lydia :cry:
Sending millions of vibes and i will pray for her everynight until she gets better :)

Sending her a nose rubxx

Thats awful.

It makes me so angry that people insist on developing breeds of bunnies with the potential for life threatening defects just because they look cute or feel soft :(

Poor Lady Lydia. And I was just looking at those beautiful pics of her yesterday!

Sending lots of vibes. xxx

Lyds is fine within herself this morning.
Her dressings have stayed on overnight and there is no sign of continued blood-loss.

My concern is that yesterday was the first time her hocks have broken down despite being dressed. It happend during a skidding binky.
So now I will have to keep her confined and she will not be happy about that at all

I really dont know what more we can do. She has no fur on most of her hocks and the skin is paper thin :cry: I am terrified she'll get an infection in the joint.
That's how I lost another Rex to this dreadful condition :cry:

Back