• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 rd rabbit thinking of having babys :(

deja224

Alpha Buck
Im not sure what to do we have had 3 rescue bunnys dumped on us one sadly passed away giving birth, one killed all the babys and attacked her self and now a third one looks like she is going to give birth, we have no age or history of these bunnys all i no they got dumped at the same time. look like may be a vet trip soon as I dont want her to die as well,

shes made a nest theres a small amount of blood in her hutch and shes panting a little also sat one one side more than the other waiting for vet to call back

I am so sorry you are having such an awful time. I don't have any advice I'm afraid as I have little experience of pregnant bunnies.

I really hope the vet can help you and the bunny is OK :)

Any update on your little one?? Fingers crossed for her - I sort of know what your going through, I had a similar situation a few months ago xx

had to move mum and babys just hope she will be ok he normally lives in the house but has free roam of the garden, he made her nest in a small hutch we dont use but shes been very sad and with drawn, I got her dog crate out today took it next to the hutch in jumped in moved the hay about and made a small nest then sat on back legs looking about, i put her towel under the nest and put it where she had made the new one making sure i didnt touch the babys and she carried on eating her hay, I watched her for a bit and she let them drink ect, now shes in the spare room, looking very happy, not sure if i did the best thing :?

Back