• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For the 1st time in 16years I wish I had no pets!

willowholly

Mama Doe
Im at the end of my tether.Just got in from a hospital appointment[so feel low anyway as got to have a small op]and found another rug with a hole in it & the brand new TV with a chunk out of its wire.The wire protecter has been pushed down & said wires nibbled.Also my new contact lenses which were well out the way have been nibbled[the box].Never ever thought I would say Im getting less pleasure than more from my buns.My bond with B has near enough gone & at this moment in time all I want to do is cuddle Willow who i miss so so much.I didnt want the same relationship with B as I did with Will as it was too intense but I feel like im losing B.I hardly recognise her.Just want to cry.:(

Aw huni, it sounds like you are having an awful time :( first of all, (((((((Vibes)))))))) for the operation, hope it's only minor. I really don't know what to say about everything else, losing a pet is hard and nothing I say can make it easier. You can't expect your bond with B to be strong at this time, you are going through too much. Just give it time (((((HUGS)))) xx

Sorry I don't know the background, were Willow and B bonded?

Has she always been destructive or is it a new thing?

Sounds like you are still greaving for Willow, so when B does something wrong it just reminds you that Willow wasn't like that :cry:

I felt very similar when I got Milo to bond with Eddison. I felt my bond with Eddison getting weaker, as he was obsessed with his new friend, and Milo has been a terror. He chews the walls, the carpet, my clothes, and pretty much anything he can find.

But I've had him about 4 months now, and I have grown incredibly close to him too. It took some time, but we are now best buddies. I just keep telling myself that if I keep bunny proofing and waiting, this chewing stage will be grown out of. Otherwise, I'll be perfectly content to leave the bunnies in their room until I am home to supervise.

Just hang in there and try not to compare bunnies as best you can. You'll find your own unique relationship with B. :)

And get well soon! Seconding the hope that it's nothing too serious. xxx

I hope you get well soon.

The buns don't really mean it! To them the new tv cable is just a tempting thing for them to nibble. They didn't know it would upset you if it was eaten :(

Thankyou for the lovely thoughts.1stly im having my ducts removed from my breast,not serious but quite scarey as consultant said today I could lose my nipple.Secondly Willow died 3years ago & got Barley a week later but Will was one special bun & because she was our only bun she was my bestmate-very affectionate & weighing 15lbs she left a huge hole in my heart.B was very naughty when young but grew out of it but since getting Dill 3months ago shes started digging again-& boy is Dill a chewer.Had houserabbits many years but not as distructive as this!Saying all this after having a good cry earlier & seeing B & Dill snuggling[1st time in weeks]things seemed much better.Obviously what the Cons said earlier,then coming home to a mess got me down,but feel much better now & I take it back-THERE IS NO WAY I COULD BE WITHOUT MY BUNS.....

I feel the same to an extent that my bond with Fidget weakened when she bonded with frankie but i know she is happier with company of her own kind.

But then i haven't lost a bunny so don't know what its like :(

I think we all have moments when our creatures get us down :wave: My cats think it's fun to wake me up at 5am just to check whether it's breakfast time yet, my dog is elderly and frequently poos in the bedroom rather than waking me up to be let out and Daisy is eating my house :roll: But despite the occasional aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh moment I love them all dearly.

I hope your operation goes well hun. Hugs.

To protect wires, and you only have to do it once around the house, is that you use clear rubber plumber tube, cut it along the length of the tube, put the wires inside, and duct tape it.

I done it once many yr. ago, never have to do it again and all the wires are well protected

Pets can be demanding can't they?

I've a large breed - Maremma Sheepdog. Absolutely love her to bits and she's an incredibly loyal, intelligent, beautiful beast but she follows me from pillar to post, her fur gets everywhere and I sometimes feel like nothing I do is enough! However, on the plus side, she is a flock guardian so will protect her owner and any children/other pets. She sometimes walks into Ruby's run if it's open (or if I'm in there) and lies down in there to sleep! Ruby happily skips around her and even walks over her sometimes!

Not sure how I'll cope when she's gone.

To protect wires, and you only have to do it once around the house, is that you use clear rubber plumber tube, cut it along the length of the tube, put the wires inside, and duct tape it.

I done it once many yr. ago, never have to do it again and all the wires are well protected
As I said the protectors were pushed down & bare in mind a rabbit has lived in this house for 5years without chewing wires as they are so well protected ,I just have a very mischievous bun living here now!& a very small bun so he is finding things my other buns couldn't get to!:)

could you maybe move the outside during the day and bring them into the house when you can surpervise them. thats what i do with mine. i really hope your op goes well, maybe the buns are worried deep down about you hence them being naughter, their veyr like children. hope you can get something sort. you could even try blocking the tv off from them.

could you maybe move the outside during the day and bring them into the house when you can surpervise them. thats what i do with mine. i really hope your op goes well, maybe the buns are worried deep down about you hence them being naughter, their veyr like children. hope you can get something sort. you could even try blocking the tv off from them.
TV has now been dismantled,by us not them!!:lol:

TV has now been dismantled,by us not them!!:lol:

I would be very worried if they'd managed to dismantle a TV:shock::lol:

Sounds like you're having a really rough time at the moment, hugs to you, having an operation is never nice. I'm sure things with the buns will settle down. We were really close to Pedro when he was a single bun and then when he was bonded he drifted away a bit but he's now come full circle and appreciates our company and bunny company. In fact he loves both a bit too much!

B decided she loves her daddy so much today that she followed him all the way upstairs-shes done this once before in 3years.[our stairs are laminate & not safe for her]and since I posted this they have been as good as gold-im sure they can understand english!!wish they understood "keep away from the bl**dy TV"though!!!:lol:

Back