• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will being spayed cheer her up?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
title says it all really :) Fudge is a little down and has been since Blackie passed away (they werent bonded) and i want to know if she will be more happy after her spay?

And how long after her spay can i wait to bond her with another bunny? If things go to plan in the next few weeks i may.....*fingers crossed* be looking to adopt a new ickle bunny as a friend for Fudge:D If not I will be trying her with Skye (who is going to try and be bonded to Gizmo)

All I can say is that all of our 6 buns seemed far happier after their "ops" and I would have no hesitation in spaying any future buns (our vets are very good). The buns behaviour changed for the better virtually overnight and I have no doubt in recommendng the procedure - however please be warned there are risks with any op and your vets advice should be considered.

All I can say is that all of our 6 buns seemed far happier after their "ops" and I would have no hesitation in spaying any future buns (our vets are very good). The buns behaviour changed for the better virtually overnight and I have no doubt in recommendng the procedure - however please be warned there are risks with any op and your vets advice should be considered.

Yeh i know there are risks with every op and she is healthy etc. so My vet (very rabbit savvy and amazing) has no problem spaying her its just she isnt very active and doesnt Play with anything she would rather sit and do nothing :roll:

She is happy when im there but if i leave her out and go away she will go back to her cage and sit :( I think she needs a husbun ;)

Back