• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

diet for a french lop?

Hi

Just wondered if you guys think this diet is ok for a 11week old french lop.

Morning- excel pellets
Evening - Fresh veg
Unlimted hay throughout the day:wave:

I only feed one small handfull of pellets to make sure mine eat plenty of hay but mine arent frenchies so yours might need slightly more.

When B & Will were only 11weeks they were fed adlib pellets as they were growing buns.They still had massive amounts of hay & by 12months I started to gradually reduce the amounts.Frenchies aren't fully grown until 18months so dont reduce pellets too early.By 13months they only had a handful of pellets but still had alfalfa for a few more months until that was stopped when they fully grown.Will lived 7years on a hay/veggy diet after that & had no problems with her teeth.They were on Excel pellets.:)

When B & Will were only 11weeks they were fed adlib pellets as they were growing buns.They still had massive amounts of hay & by 12months I started to gradually reduce the amounts.Frenchies aren't fully grown until 18months so dont reduce pellets too early.By 13months they only had a handful of pellets but still had alfalfa for a few more months until that was stopped when they fully grown.Will lived 7years on a hay/veggy diet after that & had no problems with her teeth.They were on Excel pellets.:)

Hiya,

Would you say I need to give Frankie more pellets then? :oops:

My frenchies had pellets in a bowl all the time until approx a year old.Which worked out to 2 bowls a day.Then I reduced it gradually to just a handful.Other people say differently but I had no problems with Will.I personally would give more whilst your bun is still growing but just makesure they have at least 2 big handfuls of hay a day too,you dont want them growing up not liking hay as eventually this is near enough all they will eat.:D

By the way keep up with the veg if they are ok with it,just makesure you try new veg gradually.
B is a 2[almost 3]year old french lop & she has enough pellets that she will eat in 30 mins which is roughly a handful as she tends not to be too bothered.She has a big handful of hay then in eve she has enough veg that she will eat in 4 hrs & at bedtime she has another big handful of hay.I also give her a pinch of pellets in her play ball to keep her amused for all of 5 mins!!:lol:Hope this helps.PM me if you want to about anything.:D

By the way keep up with the veg if they are ok with it,just makesure you try new veg gradually.
B is a 2[almost 3]year old french lop & she has enough pellets that she will eat in 30 mins which is roughly a handful as she tends not to be too bothered.She has a big handful of hay then in eve she has enough veg that she will eat in 4 hrs & at bedtime she has another big handful of hay.I also give her a pinch of pellets in her play ball to keep her amused for all of 5 mins!!:lol:Hope this helps.PM me if you want to about anything.:D

Thanks willowholly for all your advice :D:D:D

Back