• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried, 2 buns going into the vets tomorrow ... u/d they are both home

happypreso

Alpha Buck
My two 'blind' buns are going into the vets tomorrow for their netuer ... am so worried but it is the same vets that done Star not so long ago and they were fab. I am worried about Holly as she is the smaller of the two and has the worst sight (do they have a weight that they should be before the op?) but fingers crossed all will be okay. Was thinking maybe I should have mentioned the eye problem? All is well now though (and they should have the details on record) .....

I have stocked the fridge full of herbs and kale to hopefully get them eating :)

Then all being well, once recovered I can bond all 4 of them and I can't wait for that. It means Holly & Angel will get the run of the garden all day as well (they are in runs at the moment to seperate them).

No need for replies, just needed to get it off my chest.

Update: both bunnies are home. The male, Angel, is like he hasn't had anything done! He is eating and drinking and 'running' (abeit a bit slower than normal) his small run. Holly (female) is looking very sorry for herself and I haveen't seen her eat or drink much yet .....

Last edited:
Sending vibes for tomorrow. If there blindness is due to problems with their eyes rather than neurological then there shouldn't be any greater risk than neutering a "normal" bun :)

Sending vibes for tomorrow. If there blindness is due to problems with their eyes rather than neurological then there shouldn't be any greater risk than neutering a "normal" bun :)

thank you, the blindness was caused by them not opening their eyes as babies (remember my panic post?) and they had an infection behind the eye. This was when they were weeks old and they were given the all clear quite a while ago. They have no other problems that we are aware off.

Glad you have them home, I was thinking of you today :wave:

Thanks :D Angel (the boy) seems fine, eating most 'treat' things that you give him and I have seen him drinking too. He seems fairly chilled about the whole thing.

Holly (female) is still quiet. I have put a bowl of water right infront of her and have now seen her drink and some of the kale has gone but she is def feeling a little sorry for herself.

How are they both doing now?

Hello :D Angel (boy) is very chilled and you wouldn't think he has had an op today if you look at him. Holly (female) is feeling a bit sorry for herself but I have seen her drink some water and eat some kale so I am sure she will be okay.

Hello :D Angel (boy) is very chilled and you wouldn't think he has had an op today if you look at him. Holly (female) is feeling a bit sorry for herself but I have seen her drink some water and eat some kale so I am sure she will be okay.

Glad they are both doing well. Boys definitely recover quicker from these things. It's quite a major of for a little girl to go through but I'm sure she'll be fine especially as she's eaten and drunk something. Keep us all updated on their progress. :wave:

Back