• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Type of Blanket?

Maple360

New Kit
i am looking to put a blanket in the cage for her bed, like a pillow case or something.
To make it safe, would it be ok for 50% coton/50% polyester? is there something i should be on the look out for?

Last edited:
It all depends on how much your bunny chews!?? We use a large bath towel folded up with a fleece blanket on top folded up to give good padding but big enough for both to stretch out on side by side with room to roll! :) The fleece wicks away any wetness (our girl sometimes has a little wee when she's cross about something or in her sleep sometimes when she can't be bothered to use the tray, but they are both fully litter trained normally!) but fleece is very good. Even if she has and you feel the surface it doesn't feel wet which is great. The towel underneath is nice and absorbent and padded.
We also use vet beds and thermo vet beds in winter under the blanket/towel for more warmth.
In the heat of summer I often put a vet bed inside a 100% cotton pillow case so it feels cool to lie on but is still padded for their hocks as buns need somewhere padded to rest up to prevent getting sore hocks. But my buns never chew. Obviously if your bun chews you want to prevent them ingesting any material that could cause an impaction. The 100% cotton pillow cases stuffed with anything like a towel/blanket are difficult to dig on or chew through as slippery but it depends how determined your bunny is!

Back