• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pikachus first M.O.T :) d;/;OPPPPPPPP[ (that last part was Pika on the keyboard!)

Jeffalina

Young Bun
Hi there, Pika and I are going for a full health check tomorrow, and since I have never taken her for a full MOT before I wondered if anyone could tell me what sort of things they will check? Or does it depend on what I ask?

I need her claws clipped and her teeth checked and I need to know exactly how to check these myself, i need to know if she's the correct size and weight,

asv
#~~LK87vcb (that was Pika running across the laptop, i think she means "hello!")

I also need her eyes looked at as they got a bit gooey yesterday, (which is what prompted me to get her booked in) and things like her eyesight and hearing, (i think she's deaf she doesnt respond to ANY noise whatsoever)

She loves the sunshine she's been so affectionate today, she runs around the room (i brought her in out the direct sun) then shel come over and nudge me and give me nose kisses then she'll skip off again but it's never very long before she's back for some love

I wish i coud get the pictures loaded up so you could see her!

Anyway, are there any other things you would advise getting checked over while i am there so i can make sure she gets the full check up?

Shes booked into the harbour vet clinic in southsea, i have heard good things about them and the vet who booked me in seemed knowledgeable and friendly - I think it's going to be a pleasent trip, just dont want to miss anything being a bunny novice!

Much sunshine and love, Jen and Pika xxx

If that is Pika in your avator she is absolutely gorgeous :love:

The Vet will check her heart and lungs and teeth and her eyes and give her a good all round health check. :)

Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow anyway :wave:

Yeah that's her, I think that picture in my avatar was taken when she was about 5/6 weeks old and still at the breeders, she's grown up so much soince then she's quite different but still adorable! Her ears do that funny one up one down thing though when she's excited about something!

Thanks, i hadnt thought of lungs thats another for the list :D xxx

Back