• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long term bunny plans

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I was just wondering if anyone had any long term plans for their bunnies?

I have been thinking about what I would like to do with my buns in the future. I currently have 2 pairs so my plans are...

1. Get Mopsy spayed, she's only 17 wks at the mo.
2. Get o/h to build big patio in the garden.
3. Bond the 2 pairs into a 4. Think I will need some help with this though, calls for Helen!
4. Join 2 hutches together on the new patio creating bunny palace!
5. Attach the large run to this hutch for days when I am out or in the winter.
6. Be able to let all 4 free range together!

Anyone else?

Last edited:
I have no major changes to make to my current plans :wave: They are already neutered and bonded, they already have the biggest permenant home I can give them whilst living at this house - if we move then it may be a different story.

Only change is to gradually bring them inside during autumn and have them as housebuns for winter. They are already very familiar with the house, the work is all to do on my part trusting them inside for a whole day when I go out to work... :roll::lol:

We have a long term bunny plan that our 2 will get rebonded and be able to share the 6 x 8 aviary style run which my husband has just built a patio for instead of them taking it in turns to be in there!

Im up to No 4 on your list!

Planning on getting them a dog kennel style accomodation (looks like a avairy stuck to a shed) with a proper roof and panelled back, to protect them during winter.

my plans are to bond my two start of next week (fingers crossed it goes well) and then create my bunny room for them

1. Get an extra playpen for Honey.
2. Might get Wesley a companion and move him outside or
3. Get a bonded pair and they live outside and leave Honey and Wesley as they are.

The last two are not for a few months at least.

1)get blue neutered (friday)
2)spay all the girls at the end of the month
3)bond ruby,snowball and blue back together
4)and hopefully find a husbun for silver(if she clams down after her spay!)
5)find 2 of the babys a new home(other 6 have new homes to go to!)

xxxx

i dont really have any long term plans at the moment, they are both happy and healthy with lots of space.

i do sometimes get a bit broody for more bunnies but i know i dont really have the space or money to do it so for now we are staying as we are

your plans are much the same as mine! My two 'babies' (now 6 months old) are being neutered tomorrow and my two original bun's (the mum & dad, now 1 yr old) are already done. When the two 'babies' are recovered from their op's I am bonding all 4 to live in a nice new shed and then all 4 buns will be free range during the day ... thats the plan!

Back