• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humming does?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My Ebony has started to hum and buzz for her breakfast. The only other doe I've ever had who hummed was Sh!tty my old house rabbit, who had a bit of a fetish for curtains and other hanging pieces of fabric

Anybody else got one?

Yes! Honey hums whenever she's excited (usually because she thinks there is food around) - and she is a spayed doe. She also coos when she's sleeping (very cute!)

Must be a Honey thing:lol::lol::lol:, because my Honey used to do it all the time before she was spayed, but she still does it sometimes when she's circling me for food!

my honey doesn't hum but mini rosie does a bit and stamps her food if you don't feed her quickly enough :) Occasionally if she finds an especially nice bit of food she twitters!

When you say hum, does it sound like an 'onk'? Sophie onks a lot and sometimes it is one long onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk, like that!! :lol: She has me and my OH onking at eachother now :D She is a bit hormonal and due to be spayed the week after next.

When you say hum, does it sound like an 'onk'? Sophie onks a lot and sometimes it is one long onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk, like that!! :lol: She has me and my OH onking at eachother now :D She is a bit hormonal and due to be spayed the week after next.

That's a honk! Yes, I think it probably has the same meaning :D

The only other doe I've ever had who hummed was Sh!tty my old house rabbit, who had a bit of a fetish for curtains and other hanging pieces of fabric

Was that a nickname or her real name? :shock::oops: I bet vet visits were fun, when they called out her name in the waiting room. :lol::lol:

The only noise I ever hear from Bubbles is a tiny squeak when I cradle her to check her bum.

Was that a nickname or her real name? :shock::oops: I bet vet visits were fun, when they called out her name in the waiting room. :lol::lol:

The only noise I ever hear from Bubbles is a tiny squeak when I cradle her to check her bum.

Sh!tty was her proper name (given to her by my O/H, and it stuck!). She was called Mary by the rescue, but was definitely more of a Sh!tty :lol:

Back