• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Hank ... updated .. post #19.

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
Meet Hank ... my newest foster bunny ... who arrived in rescue with me last night from his previous owners ...

DSC_0122.jpg

This little cutie pie was getting his bottom in a mess and his previous owners asked the vet to consider PTS :( :cry: Thankfully the vet called me and Hank is safe with us now :)

He's had a serious wash, trim and blow-dry in the bottom department and is starting a healthy diet. He likes his grass and will soon like his hay too! Good news is that preliminary signs are that it was diet (and the fact that he's slightly rotund!) that were causing the problems. Fingers crossed.

So Hank will be with us for a few weeks while we get him sorted and then he'll be looking for a wifey bun and a forever home with lots of love.

Isn't he GORGEOUS :love:????

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Last edited:
i want him i want him i want him :love::love::love: he is so lovely.... can't believe owners wanted to PTS that is so sad. Gizmo often gets a mucky bum due to a VERY sensitive stomach but we just wash him up give him probiotic and cut back on veg etc any time his tummy plays up.... would NEVER have considered PTS. The vet did say though they thought that if anyone else had gizmo he wouldn't be with us today as he has been very poorly and EXPENSIVE.... but worth every penny.

How do you get into fostering then? i would love to do that. :love:

Yes, cost was most definitely a factor in this poor boy finding his way to us.

How do you get into fostering then? i would love to do that. :love:

I adopted Ant from Jill Honeybunny to be a house bun husbun to Hoops. We still had an outdoor hutch from our previous bunnies so I offered to foster. We fostered 2 pairs for Jill before joining the FFC when Sienna came and never left! I had met Chloe (chloaster) when she homechecked me for Ant and as Fat Fluffs started to take-off I began fostering for Chloe as she is more local than Jill. And from there I became a trustee when Fat Fluffs applied for and got their charity status. So now bunnies take over my life!! :lol: :lol:

I want him too!:wave: He's so cute! I can't believe his previous owners wanting to have him put to sleep!:(
Helen xx

What is his personality like?
Saffy is very racey and i think she would eat any male alive :shock:

What is his personality like?
Saffy is very racey and i think she would eat any male alive :shock:

Hard to say for sure at the moment. He's only been here 24 hours and had to be man-handled for some time last night to get him cleaned up - which can't have been fun for him :(. Seems nice enough, scoots around the garage and is pretty inquisitive, considering it's a new environment. Hopefully once he loses a bit of weight he'll become even more active :)

Poor Bun :(
I hope he comes out of his shell a bit more soon.
He is absolutely beautiful. :love:

Hank doing well today :). We've had some blobs of soft poo around the garage, but not much, and the good news is that it's not sticking to him - so haven't had to wash him again :) He's loving scooting around the garage!! x

Update - 8.6.09 - one week on ...

... Hank is doing GREAT :) He popped into the vet with us on Friday (as one of my buns had an appointment) and they were quick to say that he already looked more lively :)

He's been clipped underneath to help him with his grooming a bit, but I'm chuffed to say that he's now keeping his bottom clean .. and his other poo's are getting bigger :D :D :D

Even better is that he's becoming a cheeky, lively little boy! He's now taken over half of my garage and has more bunny toys than he must ever have thought possible! He's pottering around very happily, exploring his tunnels and boxes and is beginning to run over for fuss when he sees us :)

Can't believe he's the same bun that arrived in a sad and sorry state just last Monday.

Back