• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Planting grass seeds

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I got my hay experts delivery today and recieved my Bunny greens - Barley, Oat and wheat and need to plant the seeds.
Now its for growing indoors and i want a plant pot, preferably stone so Fudge can sit in it and munch, but what type of pot do i get? and where is cheap enough to get from?

I can wait to get it growing as she hates outside but loves grass so now she can have her own little garden :lol:

and has anyone bought the bunny greens before? and what did your buns think?
https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Grow+Your+Own.16/Bunny+Greens+-+Barley,+Oat+%2526+Wheat.56.html

Hi :wave:

I bought the bunny greens seed and plantain seed from them a few weeks back and now have three biggish pots growing outside. I have cheap pots from wilkinsons: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Tubs+Planters/Wilko-Planter-Round-Terracotta-39cm/invt/0084428

Mine are growing really well now. I cut bits off for Daisy usually, but I have given her access to the bunny greens pot, and she was very good - she cropped it all down but left the roots in, so now it's growing back really quickly for her :D

Let it get to a decent height before letting hungry buns loose on them!

I grow them for my buns and they love them. They come up really quickly. Terrocota pots from Wilkinsons are cheap. What about growing them in a litter tray with some holes in the bottom I do that.

Thanks guys :wave:
Ive got a few spare litter trays and a few plastic pots i ca use so will get them planted tonight :wave:

Head to Wilkos if you have one. I have grown some lawn seed (they sell it by weight) and my buns love it!!! It was the cheapest toy I have bought them and I love to see them nom nom nomming the stuff I have made them!

I filled up some seed trays for my rabbits with grass seed which I let them at once it was grown. They really enjoyed eating the grass but decided they also like to use the tray to poop in too! It soon became filled with bunny poos, and was wrecked.

I would personally suggest using something they can't sit it.

Neil

I filled up some seed trays for my rabbits with grass seed which I let them at once it was grown. They really enjoyed eating the grass but decided they also like to use the tray to poop in too! It soon became filled with bunny poos, and was wrecked.

I would personally suggest using something they can't sit it.

Neil

**sit in**

Back