• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay.........

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Is it worth trying with a fussy rabbit?
And do they do samples of their hay so i dont waste money on a big bale when Fudge wont eat it?
And whats the best soft, stalky or the timothy?

I have only bought the Timothy hay so far. It is long, green and very stalky and my bunny seems to love it. There is a contact number on their web page which I phoned and the chap got back to me the same day so I'm quite sure you can ask for a sample. It is quite expensive if your buns don't like it and you have to buy a biggish quantity.

Their hay is absolutely lovely, all of my fussiest eat it!! I get farm hay which is nice too but treat mine to the DFH finer cut meadow hay in their racks and the American timothy as a treat, although my piggies prefer this to my bun :wave: None of mine liked their English timothy which I was shocked at :shock:
I don't think he can send a sample as DHL collect their hay for delivery though.

You should e-mail and ask for a sample!

I think fussy buns are not that keen on timothy hay as it tends to be coarse... it does also depend on the cut though. I find that fussy hay eaters always go for the softer stalked hay, almost grass like...

mine love it. I always get the coarse stalky stuff. I bought the Timothy hay as a treat and they weren't all that impressed! I'd be happy to stuff some in a jiffy bag for you to try, although if you email Norman I'm sure he'd send a sample.

Norman is lovely and will do whatever he can to help. All of ours are fed on hay from the DFH company and we also use it for all the boarders too and some customers have jokingly cursed us as their buns wont eat the cheaper stuff when they get them home. You can order a small bag from Norman rather than having to buy a pack of 10 or a giant bale if that helps:D

mine love it. Try getting one of the smaller bags first which aren't much more than bog standard pets at home hay as they are very heavy. Mine like the soft best.

Thanks everyone :wave:
I emailed the guy and he cant do smaples so im going to get the smallest size(2 pack) but he is going to send 1 soft hay and one stalky so i can try both:D
Even if Fudge doesnt like it i know millie and Thumper will as they eat any hay (except pets@home hay :lol:)
Thanks again:wave:

Back