• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi all

lilsheena

Young Bun
Just to let you all know my lovelly rabbit shadow has been introduced to my new male guinae pigs and guess what he loves them he is a such a wee bully i thought i should keep them seperate but i did all he could to get in with them so i put him in to see the reaction and he loved it there the best of friends they sleep seperate but during the day they go in the run together i am happy x

Its nice that they have made friends but really it is not recommended for rabbits and guinea pigs to associate for a number of reasons, one being that the rabbit can carry a disease that can kill the guinea pig.

Its nice that they have made friends but really it is not recommended for rabbits and guinea pigs to associate for a number of reasons, one being that the rabbit can carry a disease that can kill the guinea pig.

aw i didn't know that they are so happy i just thought having had all the injections they would be fine

I know, I kept them together when I was a kid but its really not recommended now. I think the disease in question is called Bortadella - could be spelt wrong - why don't you look it up and then you can decide for yourself.

Hi :wave:

I don't have any experience of this myself, but I know from RU that keeping piggies and bunnies together is really not a good idea, not least because of the risk of injury to the pigs. There have been a number of threads on this subject, so maybe you could have a look on search and see what comes up?

Could you get your bunny a rabbit friend instead?

Back