• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destructabun taming - advice please

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
The very lovely, cuddly and generally gorgeous Daisy-Sunshine is turning into a destructabun. I could do with some ideas/advice on putting her off completely destroying my living room :lol:

She's been stripping wallpaper for a while, but has now moved on to taking the plaster off the walls as well :roll: She's also getting very into chomping my bookcases and sofa.

She has loads of toys, cardboard boxes, a big tunnel, yellow pages etc to play with / destroy as well as plenty of hay to eat, but at the moment the walls are her favourite thing.

Anyone successfully tamed a fully fledged destructabun?

Someone I know couldn't get their destructabun to change so they bunnyproofed the whole house and all the cypboards with chicken wire. Totally not helpful but amusing in a painful kind of way...

Emma

Someone I know couldn't get their destructabun to change so they bunnyproofed the whole house and all the cypboards with chicken wire. Totally not helpful but amusing in a painful kind of way...

Emma

:shock: I hope it doesn't come to that! :lol:

We're going to try redecorating soon and having painted walls rather than wallpapered, so hopefully less tempting to bunny teefs! Apart from that I already have my bookcases and computer behind bars (metal panels from Daisy's run) ... so I suppose that just leaves chicken wiring the sofa :lol:

I still say you shouldn't have nicked her plant pot - i did warn you :lol:

Amberhas complete destructabun sessions. Apparently it's 'just being a bunny' so my mum says:shock::roll:

I still say you shouldn't have nicked her plant pot - i did warn you :lol:

Amberhas complete destructabun sessions. Apparently it's 'just being a bunny' so my mum says:shock::roll:

:wave:

I'm ashamed to admit that I did steal her plant pot for my sage seedlings :oops: :oops: :oops: but I gave her a new one only two days later ... and it was a bigger one ;)

When Hugh was alive he was the same, chewed our new bed to pieces, wardrobe, walls (including plaster), doors, wires. You name it, he chewed it.

Over time he grew out of it. Lots of telling's off did the trick and being quick off the mark when he did chew is what I suggest! He will grow out of it, I think :p

When Hugh was alive he was the same, chewed our new bed to pieces, wardrobe, walls (including plaster), doors, wires. You name it, he chewed it.

Over time he grew out of it. Lots of telling's off did the trick and being quick off the mark when he did chew is what I suggest! He will grow out of it, I think :p

Awwwww, Hugh sounds like he was a real character. I'm sorry you lost him :(

I'm not very good at saying no to Daisy :oops: but I will have to try and be a bit more authoritative with her before the whole house gets eaten :lol:

Surely Daisy-Sunshine isn't demolishing your house? :p Bless her :lol:

She will grow out of it eventually Abbie I'm sure - not much consolation I know now when she's chewing everything in her sight. I think when she gets a friend it will help her no end - she'll be too loved up to even think about chewing :D

The other thing you could try is a few spots of eucalyptus oil discreetly dotted on your furniture / skirting boards etc. It worked with us for Barney who made lovely patterns to the dining room furniture :? Apparently they hate the smell of it, so avoid chewing near it ;)

The other thing you could try is a few spots of eucalyptus oil discreetly dotted on your furniture / skirting boards etc. It worked with us for Barney who made lovely patterns to the dining room furniture :? Apparently they hate the smell of it, so avoid chewing near it ;)

Thanks Denise :wave: I will get some eucalyptus oil asap and see what Daisy makes of it ... knowing her it'll be a tasty wallpaper appetiser :lol:

She's off to meet the gorgeous Jester next week, so hopefully loved-up bunny time is imminent and will be coupled with non-destructive bunny time :)

Back