• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with rearguard please...

Saucepot

Alpha Buck
I don't know if I have a faulty one but the stuff won't come out through the sponge unless I press really hard :evil: If I push it down hard on my hand, a little comes out but when I do it on Sophie, nothing happens. I obviously don't want to press hard on her...is it me being stoopid? :oops:

Almost about to cut the sponge off and rub it on with my hand... :shock:

I've not used it so I'm not certain but I think there's some sort of valve or retainer in it that you need to break to get the liquid to flow easily, it sounds as if it's not broken off fully. Does anything happen if you squeeze the bottle?

Iv not used it either, but was thinking, it's not like ketchup is it, where you have to take the nozzle off and take the seal off before you use it? Probably not, just thought I'd mention it :oops:

:wave: Normally you have to press it in hard once and the thing in the middle breaks a seal. I never use the sponge anyway as all the hair just gets stuck to it. :roll:

I wear a surgical glove, squeeze the sponge into that and rub in - much easier.:D

I don't use the sponge at all. I put on gloves, pour some onto my hands and really work it in.

Sponge thing is hopeless - I use rear guard regularly. I get a pointy pair of scissors and stick it through the sponge to make the hole much bigger. Works then - no problem:lol:

Back