• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vaccinations

It doesn;t matter what order you give them in so long as there is at least a 2 week gap, and they are in good health.

Personally I always get the myxo done first as the risk is high this time of year.

I think most vets tend to opt for myxi first then VHD two weeks after but I don't see why it should matter which way round you do it.

I don't know if it matters but have always done myxo first. I wonder if it's because there can sometimes be a bit of a reaction with VHD so therefore it is better to get Myxo done, as following the VHD the bun might not be so 'fit' as the VHD can knock them back for a few days.

I'd be interested to know if there is actually a correct way round - must ask next time I am at the vets (having just got back a while ago from having 18 of ours myxo'd in one go!).

my vets told me recently to give Myxi first then VHD they said that the order doesnt matter BUT Myxi is around more and they feel its better to vaccinate for the most common condition.

I don't know if it matters but have always done myxo first. I wonder if it's because there can sometimes be a bit of a reaction with VHD so therefore it is better to get Myxo done, as following the VHD the bun might not be so 'fit' as the VHD can knock them back for a few days.

I'd be interested to know if there is actually a correct way round - must ask next time I am at the vets (having just got back a while ago from having 18 of ours myxo'd in one go!).

I'd guess it is best to get the myxo first as after effects from that vacc occur within the first few days so should therefore be settled down in time for the vhd.
After effects from the VHD vacc tend to occur three weeks after the vacc.

Back