• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobbie...

Chrisoldinho

Young Bun
Hi all,

Me and my wife Emma were really looking forward to adopting Bobbie this weekend. However his foster carer has informed me earlier today that he is in the local animal hospital after becoming ill. He's not eating or poohing and we're really worried, upset and generally down, the bad luck just seems to keep on coming...

Bobbie: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=179331&highlight=bobbie

It's bad enough that our little lad Hugh died exactly 1 month ago to the day with very similar symptoms, me and Emma didn't spot the symptoms at the time and he died within 48 hours from becoming ill but in hindsight everything sounds similar to Bobbie.
See http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=180078

Anyway, here's hoping he feels better soon and doesn't go the same way Hugh did.

I want to say a special thank you to Barbara for noticing he was unwell and getting him to the Vets, and just generally caring about him!!
Either the way now we know everything is being done to ensure he keeps going and if the worst does happen hopefully the suffering will be short.

Chris...

Last edited:
Loads of vibes for Bobbie. I really hope he gets through this and you and your wife have the opportunity to offer him a loving home.

I'm so sorry about Hugh :(

Hugh was a fantastic companion but even after he's gone his memory still lives on, if anything owning him made us realise how much we want to care for other Rabbits and Bobbie and his future partner (in September) called Precious are hopefully going to be testiment to this.

Let's just hope things do work out for Bobbie and he can when he's ready come to our house and enjoy the rest of his life free to roam in our house! :)

Any news on Bobbie today? Really hope there has been some improvement, especially as he has such a lovely home all ready and waiting!

me and emma are so pleased he has improved!! :D

fingers crossed he will continue to improve and will be ready for rehoming in the near future.

Back