• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about bedding

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Please move if ive got it in the wrong section, couldn't work out where to put it.

Blue has a two tier hutch. Upstairs hes got his bed section and food, hay etc, water.
He also has water downstairs.
I have newspaper then shavings down for him in the bits that arent his bed but hes taken to litrally moving all the shavings into a corner so its just newspaper.
Everytime I do it he moves everything often getting all his shavings out the wire.
Would it be ok to just have the newspaper and no shavings?

I have had it that way and just hay in their litter boxes, at the moment they just have their lino covering the floor and hay in thier boxes. They like to lay out on the cool lino.

No matter what bedding you use they will move it if they want. One of mine also likes to shred newspaper so that can happen too! I wouldn't only use newspaper as that is less fun for them and can get extremely mucky extremely quickly. The amount of bedding can be reduced when it is warm.

Generally though I think shavings are not so good. Others on here will know better but I think it is generally considered too much of an eye and lung irritant. Others can correct me if I am way off base though...

Emma

Back