• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

run covers

princess1983

Young Bun
Hi evryone. Where is the best place to get a run cover for my rabbit run? cant seem to find a decent site that sells them to fit my size of run. thanks.

Hi. There are several cover makers who will do made to measure. I had one made by Scratch and Newton and although the quality is extremely good I never used it after the first season because I found that during torrentail rain the water tended to pool on one area, and the weight of that water caused the mesh on my run lid to bend. Now I just use a big board (3'X3' ) with which I cover one corner of the lid. This gives plenty of cover and I've another board which I position along part of the side which means that they have one area which is water and wind proof. I reckon this is a lot easier than having to deal with sopping wet run covers.

Hi Capel, thanks for your reply. I did think about using wood but I just thought it might be easier with a proper cover. I know what u mean though about scratch and newton covers cus i have their covers for my hutches and the water does tend to pool in the one area! i went on their site but they only seemed to have one size for the runs

I use tarpaulins from B&Q. They are huge and much cheaper than a proper run cover. I got one that more than covers my 7ft by 4ft run for £5!

I just use clothes pegs to attach it to the run. It works for the rain and gives shade when its hot.

Ive also contacted a few other pet companies and none of them sell run covers! its amazing really isnt it considering how many people own bunnies

I got mine made to measure from Ebay. The quality is pretty good and they are very helpful. If you need the link I will try to find it. Just PM me.

Back