• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit toys?

Oh gosh so many!

Mine all like tunnels to go through so we have a variety of those, a carrot tree and another carrot thing where they can pull the carrots out, cardboard boxes, loo rolls stuffed with hay and treats, rattly balls, wicker balls.

Peters fav is an old wicker bread basket, well it wasnt old till I gave it to him don't tell my mum:oops: it was a pressie. He loves to dig in it and throws it round the run.

Thanks. What is a carrot tree? Years ago we had a rabbit that had a wicker bin and he nibbled it to bits. He didn't eat it, just destroyed it! Is that suitable?

Toys, tunnels and retreats made from rabbit safe, untreated woods and wickers are ideal. I can give you a list of woods they're allowed if you like, if you fancy making your own or having some made.

Of course, there are many different rabbit toys on the market - my favourite website is http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk because everything is nice and natural - but not all rabbit toys available in other shops are suitable to leave alone with a rabbit if he's one who likes to eat things!

A digging box filled with soil, potting compost, sand (be careful your bun doesn't eat it!) or shredded paper if a good idea. Make sure you change the contents regually if your bunny likes to do his buisness it there! Also, an idestructable toy is a terracotta plant pot or too - particually interesting to a rabbit if planted with a tasty snack!

Last edited:
I've got both of the carrot things!

The tree hasn't been touched but the other type is great fun! Carrots everywhere:roll:

all 5 of my rabbits destroys the carrot tree toys so we got some wooden balls for their teeth and they love them they throw them all over the place! also they love playing with tennis balls as they can get ahold of them and throw them! its funny to watch! x:)

Mine generally only like things they can sit on or in. I don't think I've bought them an actual toy yet, but they are obsessed with a wooden veg man box, two long sheets of plastic for putting under growbags (meant to be shade, apparently headbutting posts now), and two flowerpots. They don't seem to get usual toys, I even hid food inside hay inside loo rolls - that was beyond my two. :D

Back