• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nibbles through wires!

Jes4789

New Kit
does every rabbit have a thing for nibbling through wires? ever since i've had my rabbit hes nibbled through a phone charger wire, a sky cable and a aerial cable. i know now to put them out of reach but struggling to keep him from behind the telly!! has any1 got any ideas?

You can actually get special protective coverings for cables, which I would suggest you buy. You don't want to risk your bun electrocuting himself!

i found the only way for me was to tie all the wires up at the back of the tv unit and block off the open bits of the unit with cardboard or a cut to size piece of hardboard. eventually eric got bored with not being able to get to it (but i'm not removing the barricades!).

I spent hours covering every piece of cable behind the TV with cable tidy, then insulating tape, then cable gripping it all together and hanging it high up, its not totally bunny proof - just gives you a bit more time.

I thought it was the tree root thing too - They nibble them because they are in the way when digging their burrows.

thanks! i thought about blocking it off with cardboard but i thought he'd probably end up chewing through that aswell, but ill giv them all ago cheers!

Back