• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Me Spoil My Rabbits! -- Themes! Post 16

sidereus7

Mama Doe
My rabbits have been absolute brats lately, chewing on the molding and doors and walls. The OH has finally had enough of this and has come up with a solution.

As we're looking for a new place anyways, we found a very cheap 2 bedroom place. He suggested using one of the bedrooms for the rabbits!! :shock:

So now I have an entire bedroom to dedicate to bunnies.

What would you do with an entire bunny room?!

(A few of my ideas already are doing a faux picket fence around the room to prevent them from chewing walls and moldings, complete with mini-gate so I can keep the door open. Also, I want to paint something cute on the walls!)

Last edited:
I would give the walls a peter rabbit theme :love:

I am soooooooooo jealous though i would love a bunny room.

You should buy large hay bales so they can sit on :love:

Just some safe things to jump on, some toys to play with and I would keep quite a bit of the floor clear so they have plenty of room to run around :)

I would paint lovely fields on the walls with flowers and bunnies running free with a lovely blue sky and a rainbow with Blackie looking over my buns :oops: and i would put fencing round the room so its like they are in their garden with fields over the fence:lol:

I would have tunnels and hideouts and boxes and have large plant pots filled with soil and safe plants/herbs:D

It depends on the size of the room, if its small i wouldnt fill it too much so the bunnies have room to binky :D

Your so lucky i would love a room for my buns *jealous face* :lol:

My house-bun five-o are lucky enough to have their own room :) and then free-range when we're home :)

We have pen panels around the walls to protect from chewing. We had lino put down on the floor - much easier to clean! They have 2 big dog crates with big litter trays in plus their hay racks. We also made 'tops' for the crates so they can jump up there too. Around the floor they have their tunnels, tabes, chew toys etc. Oh, and we've made a "gate" from pen panels so that we can go into the room without them all dashing out the door!

I love our bunny room :) And so do the buns :)

My house-bun five-o are lucky enough to have their own room :) and then free-range when we're home :)

We have pen panels around the walls to protect from chewing. We had lino put down on the floor - much easier to clean! They have 2 big dog crates with big litter trays in plus their hay racks. We also made 'tops' for the crates so they can jump up there too. Around the floor they have their tunnels, tabes, chew toys etc. Oh, and we've made a "gate" from pen panels so that we can go into the room without them all dashing out the door!

I love our bunny room :) And so do the buns :)

Aww, that sounds lovely!! Could you post up any pictures by chance? :D

I would paint lovely fields on the walls with flowers and bunnies running free with a lovely blue sky and a rainbow with Blackie looking over my buns :oops: and i would put fencing round the room so its like they are in their garden with fields over the fence:lol:

I would have tunnels and hideouts and boxes and have large plant pots filled with soil and safe plants/herbs:D

It depends on the size of the room, if its small i wouldnt fill it too much so the bunnies have room to binky :D

Your so lucky i would love a room for my buns *jealous face* :lol:

If I were artistic, I would definitely go that route. I wonder if I could but some stick ons or something to put on the wall! Maybe stencils...

The plant pots is a great idea. They loooooove to dig!

So much work to do! :)

Tunnels and boxes and cardboard tubes are popular here. Willow balls and deep litter trays.

I've never tried out willow balls before, so these buns are gonna be overstimulated! Any specific suggestions about the litter tray? Like how deep and big are we talkin? :shock: Might be hard to change on a daily basis, but I am totally willing to try anything.

Just some safe things to jump on, some toys to play with and I would keep quite a bit of the floor clear so they have plenty of room to run around :)

I totally agree. I love seeing them binky, and they're currently kept in my bathroom, where they don't have as much room to frolic. I'm sooo happy for all the space I can give them now!

I would give the walls a peter rabbit theme :love:

I am soooooooooo jealous though i would love a bunny room.

You should buy large hay bales so they can sit on :love:

Oh my god, my boyfriend is going to murder me. :lol:

I wonder where I can find bales of hay... *starts looking up ranch phone numbers*

Here you go ... our bunny room ... as modelled by my five-o ... Ant, Hoops, Beemer, Trix & Roo!

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Beemer & Ant modelling the top of the crate!
DSC_0141.jpg

And looking the other way, towards the door (with gate!)
DSC_0139.jpg

Hope you like?

That is brilliant!! It's toys galore for those lucky five!

I just can't wait to get started. :D

Is that half a door at the end? :shock:

I just had an idea! What about a miniature bunny theme? Like...

Bunnies in Space!
Mini-bunny living room!
Bunny cottage/garden!
Bunnies in Egypt! (fun pyramids!)

You get the idea...

Any fun theme ideas?

Back