• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not a baby

bobsue28

Young Bun
hi my french lop baby has grown up he is now 17wks and has started to bit when i pick him up and when i give him a hug all he is happy about is running around the garden and trying to catch the cats that come out to see him is this normal for him to start to bit sue thanks

It sounds like he's becoming a 'teenager'. Pickles, who's always been the nervier of my pair, got pretty bad around this time. He calmed down an awful lot after he was neutered, although he still doesn't tend to enjoy being picked up. Some rabbits are just independant.

I would suggest you have your bunny 'done' assuming you haven't already, and for now at least, don't pick him up when it isn't necessary. When you want to spend quality time with him get down to his level, (he may have a fear of heights, or being constrained, and this is why he's biting). Feed him partly by hand to reinforce the idea that you are a 'good thing', and if he hurts you through aggression, rather than fear, (that is to say, he hops up to you and bites you, not just when you pick him up) repremand him with a sharp 'No!'.

Last edited:
hi took branble to vets this morning she said to have him done when he is 6mths so not too long to go he has all his jabs so i will wait as you say thanks for al your help :D

Back