• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing the boys

littlepaw

Young Bun
These are our boys Nimm & Neji. We had difficulty telling them apart so we got them some collars. It also helps us tell where they are in the house which is useful. Eventually we'll invest in some proper ferret collars as they've prooved to be so useful, but whilst they're still babies, the ones they've got do the job.

Nimm is the larger of the two with the slightly floppy ears. He also has a brown two tone to his fur whereas Neji is pure black. Neji is smaller and more adventurous with a purple bell.

EDIT: Only noticed how big the photos where when I went onto my mac. Resized them:

BILD0016.jpg

BILD0014.jpg

BILD0015.jpg

BILD0015.jpg

BILD0011.jpg

The Hutch is 5ftx2ftx2ft and currently houseing two very small bunnies. We also have a large run which they're in during the daytime and they have run of the house when there is someone in to watch them. We're thinking of having a third male lionhead from our neighbors who had an unexpected litter and dont have room to keep them all when they're fully grown. If we do we'll invest in a larger hutch for them.

Last edited:
They are lovely :love:
Not sure id put collars on my bunnies but thats my opinion, if theyre happy thats all that matters :D
Also as soon as their plums drop they need to be castrated as they may(and most likely) fight as they become sexually mature :roll: And if your getting another bunny i would invest in a run attached perminately to the hutch for more room or buy a bigger hutch or hut :wave:

Again welcome to the forum :wave:

Yeah we're going to get them neutered as soon as they're old enough but the vet said we would be fine for a while yet. They don't have any problems with the collars at all. I've never used them before but they are extremely useful when they're indoors. We thought Nimm escaped earlier today but then we heard a tinkling under the sofa :p We also wanted them to get used to wearing them as early as possible. There is no grass around the house but there is a large clean park next door so we're hoping to get them on harnesses when they're old enough to let them play on real grass.

edit: We also have a large outdoor run which they're pretty much in all the time during the day and inside when it's wet. The hutch is just for sleeping in.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but that hutch only looks to be about 4ft which is far to small for 3 bunnies.

Please correct me if im wrong.

it is 5ft and at the moment the bunnies are tiny. When they get bigger we'll invest in a bigger hutch possibly a double story with a run. There is a center nearby which is getting rid of alot of hutches so it's not a problem should we need to expand. The third rabbit is currently only a maybe, I'm just used to having four or five around at a time :)

it is 5ft and at the moment the bunnies are tiny. When they get bigger we'll invest in a bigger hutch possibly a double story with a run. There is a center nearby which is getting rid of alot of hutches so it's not a problem should we need to expand. The third rabbit is currently only a maybe, I'm just used to having four or five around at a time :)

Ah right. I would get a run to add to it to give them a little more space when you have the money.

Babies grow fairly quickly- I remeber Graham being a baby and within 3 months he had doubled in size! lol

They are very cute bunnies by the way!!!

Ah right. I would get a run to add to it to give them a little more space when you have the money.

Babies grow fairly quickly- I remeber Graham being a baby and within 3 months he had doubled in size! lol

They are very cute bunnies by the way!!!

lol yeah we still can't believe that the lionheads across the road are only 8 weeks as well, they're already twice the size of the boys. After having talked with our neighbors we're thinking of building two large runs one for the males and one for the females (we have communal/open gardens) They've all been socialized and they're very happy together. We will be getting them neutered soon as well before the hormone kick in too much :p

lol yeah we still can't believe that the lionheads across the road are only 8 weeks as well, they're already twice the size of the boys. After having talked with our neighbors we're thinking of building two large runs one for the males and one for the females (we have communal/open gardens) They've all been socialized and they're very happy together. We will be getting them neutered soon as well before the hormone kick in too much :p

Im not sure you would be able to put a group of males in a run together if they were not bonded and live together usually. They would almost certainly fight. Same for females.

Great idea getting a run but it would only be able to house either your bunnies or your neighbours at any time unless you bond them all together and they live together all the time.

Im not sure you would be able to put a group of males in a run together if they were not bonded and live together usually. They would almost certainly fight. Same for females.

Great idea getting a run but it would only be able to house either your bunnies or your neighbours at any time unless you bond them all together and they live together all the time.

Yes they pretty much spend all daytimes together. No fighting as of yet although it is still early days. We have space to separate all of them if any problems occur. We'll keep an eye on them as they get older and I'll keep you posted on how they're progressing. :)

Welcome to the forum!
I think they look so cute with their collars :love:
Saffy would just go loopy if i put one on her.

I would be careful when it comes to putting harnesses on bunnies as i have heard in the past it can hurt their backs. This is certainly the case for Guinea pigs anyways, some one please correct me if i am wrong.

How about taking the run to the park?
Please be carefull also as sometimes parks get sprayed with all sorts of chemicals.

Welcome to the forum!
I think they look so cute with their collars :love:
Saffy would just go loopy if i put one on her.

I would be careful when it comes to putting harnesses on bunnies as i have heard in the past it can hurt their backs. This is certainly the case for Guinea pigs anyways, some one please correct me if i am wrong.

How about taking the run to the park?
Please be carefull also as sometimes parks get sprayed with all sorts of chemicals.

Really? I used to have Magic (one of my first bunnies) on a harness when we took her into primary school and she never had a problem but I have to admit I never even considered it an issue. I will definatly do more research into that then before taking the boys.

No sprays are used according to the people who live next to it, but i will contact the council to find out for sure. I do know I'm not allowed to put any runs or pens up which sucks a bit.

Thanks for the advice and I will look into it. Having a city bunny is a new experience for me as I'm used to having large gardens for them to run around in.

How come your not allowed to put runs up for a few hours in the park?

I may be wrong with the harness thing, i only know with Guinea pigs it can harm them.
:D

I'm not sure. A neighbor was tell us they got asked to remove theirs when they put one up last summer so I've not got the information first hand. I will check with the council again when I call them.

Back