• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay is so expensive!!

shannon321

Alpha Buck
so the only hay bunny really likes is burns green oat hay BUT to order it online is no less than £6.20 with p + p and that is so expensive for sucha small amount!! i needs to do a bulk order today so i thought great litter,hay dog and rabbit food and only on courier charge but couldnt find anywhere that sold all 4 of the products i needed!!! its so annoying and now i have to try and bring myself to spend that much on one bag of hay!!!

have you tried farm hay? I get a bale for £3 which lasts 2 months. I used to pay £40 a month on hay, until I tried farm hay.

I buy the burns green oat hay from the hay experts :D
I done my order last Thursday and it came to £70 :shock: Thats just for hay and a new toy for Fudge :shock:

The delivery is amazing as it was £5 for my order and i have got alot :D

so the only hay bunny really likes is burns green oat hay BUT to order it online is no less than £6.20 with p + p and that is so expensive for sucha small amount!! i needs to do a bulk order today so i thought great litter,hay dog and rabbit food and only on courier charge but couldnt find anywhere that sold all 4 of the products i needed!!! its so annoying and now i have to try and bring myself to spend that much on one bag of hay!!!

I have the same problem, one of my buns will only eat Green Oat Hay...haven't found anywhere that sells it in larger quantaties :?

We pay £6 a bale for hay from an equestrian shop down the road and it's quite nice. I use to have a horse so I know my hay. The last time we had hay from a farm it wasn't nice at all and mouldy inside.:(

I've just ordered some hay from the hay experts, my bun will only eat oat wheat and barley hay, it's £8.76 for 1.8kg, plus £4.49 postage :shock: I wish I could get it in bigger bags, and in a shop so I didn't have to pay postage. :roll:

I've just ordered some hay from the hay experts, my bun will only eat oat wheat and barley hay, it's £8.76 for 1.8kg, plus £4.49 postage :shock: I wish I could get it in bigger bags, and in a shop so I didn't have to pay postage. :roll:

Same with Fudge :roll: She only eats the burns oat hay, alfalfa king oat hay and the Alfalfa king timothy hay......all cost a fortune hence my large order :lol:

If they're a bit fussy about their hay, try mixing the expensive little bags of fancy hay in with hay from a bale, I've 'tricked' lots of bunnies into eating "plain" hay with this method (including one I bunnysat with owners insistant that she never, ever ate hay!)

I still prefer to order from the hay experts, just wish they could source bigger bags! Maybe I'll drop Lisa a line...

Ive never ordered from simplyk9 because i dont know what delivery etc is like so i stick to what i knows best :D Plus there delivery is superb :wave:

Have you tried this place? They have an offer on Oat Hay at the moment:

http://www.simplyk9.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=3_88&main_page=product_info&products_id=415

I have never ordered from them, but they sell things for cats and dogs, too.

Oops, just saw that it is out of stock at the moment. So no good for a quick fix. :)

Was just about to say that 1. I've used them and they were really good. Had a little problem with my order as they have recently been upgrading their computers and my order went astray but as soon as I contacted them they were great and my order arrived within a couple of days :D

I wish the Oat,Wheat and Barley hay came in bigger bags, or a cardboard box like some of the Oxbow hays. I think Lisa has already tried to find out about it, not sure if there's a chance that they export such big boxes to Europe, though.

So do I, can't beat the customer support.:)

Absolutely! I just recieved an order, I had asked for a 3kg bag of SS but they were out of stock so sent me two 1.5kg bags instead, seems an obvious thing to do but how many companies would have just sent an email saying it was out of stock or even worse delayed the order and my buns would have gone hungry!

Absolutely! I just recieved an order, I had asked for a 3kg bag of SS but they were out of stock so sent me two 1.5kg bags instead, seems an obvious thing to do but how many companies would have just sent an email saying it was out of stock or even worse delayed the order and my buns would have gone hungry!

I never bother with 3 kgs, go straight for the 10 kg bags. :lol: I once got several smaller bags which added up to 10.5 kg, because the big bags were out of stock. Good for people like me who often order last minute. :oops:

Try to order several bags of hay, or some other things with it, then the postage gets spread out over several items.

Its the same when i ordered their 3kg alpine meadow hay and they didnt
have any in stock so they sent 4 of the 750g bags instead :D thank goodness otherwise my bunnies wouldnt have been happy :lol:

Back