• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunbathing buns

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Missy my mini lop was asleep in the sun for hours yesterday.

Is there any problem with this? There was shade available in the run, but she chose to lay at the grassy sun end. She's a dark colour, with no pink skin (my horse's nose once got sunburnt:oops:), so I didn't disturb her :?

Mine like to sunbathe too and are both dark buns, once it gets too much they do go off and find shade. If she chooses it over shade I would say she is just fine and a sun worshipper! :lol:

It must be a bun thing as the parasol was up over the runs yesterday and every single bun chose to lay in the sunny part. Must admit with our bun Monty he is a BEW Lionhead and I dont like to risk him out in the sun when it's at it's hottest, so he comes out morning and early evening and stays in his hutch with coolings aids during the midday heat

Fiver did this yesterday - 3/4 of his run was shaded, and he flopped out in the sun. My Mum even asked if he was alright:lol:. Minnie however was sensible and stayed in the shade (might have had something to do with the position of the hay rack :lol:).

My bunnies are so moody :lol: They refuse to come out from under the hutch unless the run is completely shaded :? Piglet loves sunbathing though, they seem to move into the shade when they've had enough.

Cheers guys.

I've got to admit I did join Missy sprawled out in the sun, but I did more reading & less snoozing:D

Wuzzle is a sunbather :) He LOVES it!

Nibbles I worry about though coz she doesn't do too well in the sun, and her nose always goes pink. Shall I put suncream on her nose?? She's B&W dutch marked, and her nose has white fur

Back